𝗜𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗲

A vote is appreciated as it will help with the growth of this book!

I'll be taking requests, please comment your ideas!

__

Ellie hasn't seen Y/n since yesterday, and it was killing her on the inside. The last time Ellie saw her girlfriend was when she got ready to leave for a specific task with Maria. She tried to go to Y/n's home, but whenever she tries Maria or Tommy would distract her from doing so.

Ellie had enough. Her worry for Y/n grows as each minute passes. She could only think of one person to ask about Y/n's whereabouts, Joel.

"I need your help." Ellie spoke with urgency, not bothering to say hi.

"With what?" Joel answers, cleaning his guitar.

"Where's Y/n?"

Joel stops for awhile, his heart starting to beat faster due to nervousness. Nevertheless, he showed no signs of it and continued what he was doing. He stayed silent, not knowing what to answer.

Ellie immediately sensed that there was something wrong. Her head already came up with many possibilities of what could've happened to Y/n. It includes death.

Her breathing starts to shift heavily as she tries to stop tears from coming. Without thinking, she grabs Joel's guitar and set it aside.

"Tell me, Joel." Ellie pleads, a frown evidently showing.

Joel couldn't take it anymore. Personally, he thinks that what happened to Y/n was wrong. The only thing that's stopping him is Ellie's safety being at risk. However, he knew that Ellie is persistent.

"She was bitten. Maria didn't have the guts to shoot her, so she tied her up on the abandoned store located in the East." Joel explains, giving up on keeping it a secret.

She was feeling multiple emotions all at once, but it was mostly anger towards Maria. Ellie sprints towards the stables, planning to see Y/n to see what had happened.

__

The store was eerie and empty. It's evident that Maria and Y/n had already cleared out the area. Ellie cautiously held on to her gun, observing around for any signs of the girl she's been adoring for so long.

The more she steps further, the more she could feel the pain growing on her chest. Does she really want to see the love of her life turn into one of those freaks? Certainly not.

Her head snaps up as she hears noises of struggle from what looks like the storage room. As she opens the door, she saw Y/n tied up on one of the metal shelves. What surprised Ellie was the fact that she looks completely fine.

Y/n has tear stains on her face, her lips chapped and her wrists red from trying to escape.

"Help me." Y/n begs, her voice low.

Ellie immediately cuts the rope that Maria had tightly tied around Y/n's wrists. Her arms immediately wrapped around Ellie as she cries on her shoulder, afraid of what happened.

"Ellie, I'm not turning. Please, believe me..." Y/n struggles to say in between sobs.

Ellie held her back for comfort and ran her fingers through her hair.

"I believe you. When were you bitten?" Ellie asks, trying to sound calm so that Y/n would be as well.

Ellie wasn't sure if Y/n was telling the truth. The only reason why she wasn't afraid was because she's immune, and if Y/n turns she won't get infected.

"Almost a week ago. I was bitten on my leg." Y/n confesses, parting from their embrace to show the bite mark that was hidden by her pants.

Ellie couldn't believe it. It's almost been a week and Y/n hasn't turned yet. The bite looks like it was about to heal as well. This only meant one thing, Y/n is also immune.

"This was the first time I was bitten. I hid it from everyone, but I never turned. Maria found out because she thought I got injured." Y/n explains, finally calming down.

Ellie shows her chemical burn again, leaving Y/n confused.

"I have this burn because I tried to hide the bite mark I got when I was fourteen," Ellie starts, reminiscing the day she got bitten.

"But I never turned. That's how I found out I was immune. You're immune too, Y/n."

Y/n couldn't believe what she heard. It could be possible since she never knew who her biological parents was. All she knows was someone from Jackson took her in, and adopted her.

"Immune?" Y/n asks, still shocked.

Ellie helps her stand, gently holding her hands as she knows that they're in pain.

"Yes, we're both immune."