Chapter 7

A/N: Thank you to those lovelies who are reading! I am aiming to get 2 chapters a week posted now, though it seems I'm never happy and constantly editing, which is why this one is a little late. If you're enjoying or have any comments, please leave a review. I'm sure it would make my entire year to know people are enjoying this. I also just wanted to let you know I have made a new OC vid with my good friend littletonpace and it features Michael! Please check it out :) 

Chapter 7

He was in the Badlands again. Alone. Running. Someone was after him. He wasn't sure who. All he knew was that he had to run. He wanted to sprint faster but it was impossible; it was like his feet had weights tied to them, dragging him down relentlessly. Every time he tried to run, it felt like he was just going backwards. And whoever was after him was getting closer and closer with each passing moment.

Eventually, he came to a clearing.

He froze, the sight in front of him causing him to stare up with fascination.

A large sailing ship stood in front of him, entwined in branches and surrounded by trees and foliage. He knew why it was here. It had come through the portal. It had brought those people here. He had a weird sense that they were inside. He had to find them. He had to stop them...

He crawled through a gap in the ship's cabin. Inside it was dark and muggy; the wood rotten and weak. It creaked every time he made a step. He looked around but...

It was too late.

All around the cabin were several bodies. For some reason they were all dressed in Phoenix Group uniforms. As his eyes adjusted to the dim lighting, he gasped and stumbled backwards. He knew these people.

Despite the odd uniforms, he instantly recognised Skye lying on her back, her skull cracked open. Her usual blue eyes were a glassy grey colour. For some reason she had a gun in her hand. Next to her was her mother and Tasha, both covered in blood. Both long dead. As he stepped closer, he saw Boylan hunched over himself. It seemed he had perished from a stab wound. Jim was there too, on his side, clutching a bloody rock. His chest had a hole in it.

He was shaking as he walked further, stepping over the corpses. He looked up towards the edge of the cabin and saw another familiar face sitting up against the wall.

With horror, he realised it was his father. The old man was crying; he was hurt. A dagger was in his side, the blood gushing out of him. A man was lying over him, his head in the Commander's lap. Lucas. His neck was broken. Their father was embracing him sorrowfully.

"I had to," he sobbed. "I had no choice."

Michael felt his blood run cold. They had done this to each other. All of them. He stepped back, wanting to be sick.

"Michael."

He spun round to see Alicia in her medical gown. She was knelt beside Skye, brushing the hair out of her pale face. She looked up at him, her usually brown eyes were a blood red.

"Why did you do this?" she said, horrified.

He stared at her, confused. Distressed. She looked so angry with him.

"Alicia. I...I didn't do this."

"You were supposed to protect them," she said, her lip curling in disgust. Her crimson eyes were bleeding down her cheeks.