Chapter 3.5 - One Down! Seven to go

"Hey Kinnie, before we get on the train.."

"What's up?" Kinnie asked, writing a quick twitter post before turning her attention to Moon. Immediately, one of her many hoodies was thrown to her chest.

"Keep it," Moon replied. "I have too many."

"Aw! You shouldn't have!" Kinnie smiled, hugging Moon tightly.

"Alright, enough of the sappy stuff, the train's here." Kale yelled to the two of them. Kinnie grabbed hold of Moon's hand and dragged her along.

Moon knew she was excited, but she felt as if she was a bit too excited for her liking.

Kinnie's P.O.V

I just killed Moon.

I stumble backwards, dropping the blood-covered bat and turning to the rest.

"She's- She's dead."

I receive no response. Everyone's too focused on what just happened. I mean, I can understand, I just went and threw a couple hits towards Moon's head and next thing you know she's motionless on the floor, blood pouring from her head. I never knew I was that strong, to be honest.

Hell, I didn't even know I was CRYING before Kale came and hugged me. I began to sob uncontrollably, holding on tightly to Kale.

I can't even think about what I just did, all I could do was cry.

Cade's P.O.V

I watch Kinnie break down in front of everyone. I think it's the first time anyone's seen her like this.

Looking at the now dead Moon, I ask:

"Maybe we should leave?"

"Have you forgotten where we were? we're not in New York, and I don't feel like anyone wants to walk there either." Arsabx replies, flopping down onto the chaise. "Maybe we should just stay here for the night."

"Good idea," Flamez continues. "This house seems big enough for the eight of us-- I mean.. seven. It shouldn't be too hard to find somewhere to sleep."

I sigh, picking up my bag. "Alright, who wants go to explore?" I ask, and immediately everyone's taking what they brought with them.

Vlu's P.O.V

I take my duffel bag and stand next to Cade. I don't really want to explore, but it seems everyone else is. I'm just hoping whatever happened to Moon doesn't happen to me.

Everyone finally begins to move after a while, and we all split into pairs to explore different parts of the house. Except for me, which I decide to explore on my own. I take the room under the main stairwell.

Opening the door, I come to find some sort of pool area. the actual pool is surprisingly full, and clean, despite the whole place being abandoned. I decide to look around some more, finding a changing room not too far from the pool. The door looked like it was barred open, and a foul stench of god knows what came from it. I cover my mouth and nose with my hoodie as I take one step inside. I take notice of some open lockers, which seemed like an opportunity to loot whatever was in it. I don't find much, just some shotgun ammo, a couple of newspapers and a prescription bottle painted black. I can see there's pills inside, but the sticker was ripped off so I'm not too sure what they are.

I begin to think about Moon, and how she died. I couldn't see how Kinnie hit her like that, it kind of makes me think she's done that sort of thing before. I decide to not let it get the best of me as I step out of the changing room, finally relieving myself of the horrid scent. I take one more glance at the pool. I want to step in it, but I don't trust it. I glance over at a random stick conveniently placed against the wall, so I take it and slowly begin to dip it into the pool water. It begins to disintegrate.

I knew I couldn't trust it, who knows what would've happened if I waltzed into it without thinking.

Shortly after, I begin to hear what seems to be Arsabx calling everyone upstairs. Stuffing the black bottle (which i still had in my hand) into my hoodie pocket, I adjust my bag as I make my way out of the pool room.