Chapter 9 - I'll see you around

Kale's P.O.V

We rushed out of the indoor garden, hearing a loud thud. Like someone had fallen off a balcony or something.

We stopped just as we got to the front door. We couldn't believe what we had just seen.

The chandelier that we saw in the foyer when we first arrived had fallen onto what seemed was Arsabx's body.

Nevermind, it WAS Arsabx.

I couldn't contain the overwhelming shock inside me any longer. I screamed.

"JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!! SHE'S- SHE'S DEAD!! I-" I shrieked. There was multiple splatters of blood that had covered the walls from the impact of the chandelier hitting her. The body was pale, and a few twitches came occasionally. Arsabx's face was pale with horror and she couldn't express any other emotion. The chandelier had struck her right in the stomach which pinned her down.

I covered my eyes as I fell backwards onto the floor. I didn't want -- no, I REFUSED to see the gruesome death that was in front of me.

"I-I can't take this!!" I heard Cade yell. I could feel him shove past me as he headed towards the front doors. Swinging them open, a large gust of wind shot past us all. I finally had the nerve to lower my arm from my face.

"Wait, Cade, we still don't know how to get back!!" Spades yelled in distraught.

"I DON'T CARE!! TWO OF OUR FRIENDS HAVE DIED AND HAVE NONE OF YOU REALISED KINNIE IS GONE? AGAIN--"

Cade choked up as a large blade shot through his stomach. I cut off my scream abruptly, covering my mouth as the blade retracted and Cade tumbled face-first towards the floor. As we wonder who had pushed the blade into him, we realised..

Kinnie was standing at the door, blood dripping from the blade and her face.

Spade's P.O.V

Kinnie slowly began to giggle, which turned into a inhumane laughter. She was practically in hysterics. How could she be laughing at such a thing?!

She wiped a tear of joy. "Jesus fucking christ, y'all should try this sometime, it's super fun... Especially when there's nowhere to run."

Could Kinnie have been- no, she wouldn't. She couldn't have been influenced by Moon's death, she couldn't have. Could she? Whatever, two people just died.

"WHAT THE FUCK!?" Flamez screamed, tears flowing down his face. "IS THIS SOME SORT OF SICK AND TWISTED GAME TO YOU!? DID YOU JUST KILL THREE PEOPLE AND FIND IT FUCKING HILARIOUS!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?! ARE YOU EVEN THE REAL KINNIE!!?"

Kinnie stared Flamez down with a stern and cold look. "Bold of you to assume I killed Arsabx. She ran away herself and then the chandelier fell on her. Technically, it was two people. But thanks for the credit!"

I couldn't even speak, noone could. The only thought racing in my mind was the word: RUN.

And that's what I did. I ran past Arsabx and Cade's dead bodies and charged towards the library. I can't believe Kinnie just outed herself as a murderer. I had known her since-- I can't even remember myself, but she always seemed so kind, sure, a bit of an oddball - if you will. But I never expected her to do such a thing as to kill the people she loved the most..

I charged through the bookshelves before something caught my eye. As I paced backwards--

No fucking way.

Is.. Is that Kinnie? Did Kinnie die? Did someone kill her? How did she get here--

I put two and two together and then it clicked. Kinnie's been dead the whole time. The Kinnie we had met this morning wasn't even the real Kinnie. Kinnie died.

And the person who killed her was the one who took her place.

"Well shit, looks like you caught me in the act."

I turned around to see the faker in front of me. She was still wielding the same blade that she used to kill Cade, and the smug look on her face signalled me that she wouldn't at all care if I had died.

The duplicate swung the blade at me and I miraculously dodged it, with luck. It landed in the wall, and she was struggling to pull it out.

"In all honesty, I did promise that no one would find her." 'Kinnie' said, attempting to pull the blade out of the wall. I decided now that it would be a good time to make an escape, turning a corner to get out of her sight.

"But now that someone knows my little secret, THIS MAKES IT MORE FUN FOR ME!!" I heard them yell from wherever I was. As I was running it felt like I was in a maze with no way of escaping. I couldn't even turn back either, because I knew the fake Kinnie was on my trail and she would kill me any moment. I turned another corner, seeing a set of doors. With the breath I had left, I bolted towards them and swung them open, hoping that she wasn't behind me. 

I stumbled back to my feet and came face to face with a clearly stressed out Vlu.