Chapter 4 - What's your emergency?

Vlu's P.O.V

As I head out of the pool area I was exploring, I'm stopped by Spades, who looks worried.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask. I come to assume he's just stressed, but aren't we all?

"Vlu, someone died. We're sleeping in someone else's house with a dead body.. You don't think that's, well.. Strange?"

He's right, it is weird. But do we really have anywhere else to go? the train's crashed and nobody knows where we are.

"..Yeah, it is." I end up replying back. The two of us end up walking together to go find Arsabx. "Weren't you with Kale and Kinnie?"

"They went ahead of me before I found you, we went in the kitchen and didn't find much. Plus, Kinnie wouldn't say anything and I found it kind of hard to talk to her. Where did you go?" Spades asks me.

"Well, she did  kill moon." I continue. "And I went to this pool area, but there wasn't much there other than a filled pool full of some kind of weird liquid, some ammo, a newspaper and.. a pill bottle, painted black--"

"You found one too!? Let me see!!" Spades insisted. I pull out the bottle and he snatches it out of my hands. "Despite being unresponsive, she found one too. I wonder if they'll be useful later.."

"ARE YOU ALL COMING OR NOT!?" I hear Arsabx yell, which means we're close. I lead Spades towards a study, which is the room that they and pretty much everyone else was in.

Kale's P.O.V

I don't understand, why did Arsabx lead us to an empty room?

"Arsabx, this room is empty.. What could possibly be in here?" I ask, and Arsabx looks at me weirdly, as if I was hallucinating.

"There's a phone right here" she points to an empty spot on the floor, and mimes as if she's picking up one of those old vintage phones. Confused, I walk toward where she thought the phone was and I bump into something. Immediately, the room turns into some sort of office area, and low and behold - there's a phone right in front of me!

"Woah, that was weird." I say as Arsabx puts down the phone. "There was.. Literally nothing here before."

"Wait, you genuinely didn't see anything? What are you on!?" Arsabx laughs, making me.. slightly embarrassed. "Okay, anyway, let's see if we can get something out of this."

Arsabx begins to dial 9-1-1 on the phone. We waited..

'911, what's your emergency?'

Arsabx's P.O.V

My heart's racing, we're finally gonna get out of here!!

"Hi! Please help us, our train to New York de-railed and now we're stuck in a house and we don't know where we are!!"

The line was silent. Suddenly, an ear-piercing sound comes through and it catches me off guard as I fall backwards. I can physically feel my ear bleed out as Kale takes the hanging phone and hangs up. I can hear a ringing sound in my ear, but I know everyone else is silent.

"You okay!?" Flamez asks. I can only give a nod in response as I get back up on my feet, blood on my hands from holding my ear, which is still bleeding.

"Maybe we should get that cleaned up.." Kale chimes in. "Did anyone find a med kit?"

After what felt like hours of cleaning up this little 'accident', my ear was finally back to normal.

"Hey, I found some bedrooms nearby. We should all rest now and figure things out after we're all.. Well, not tired." Cade speaks, I hadn't noticed he left and came back.

"Good idea." Vlu says, leaving the room. "I'm gonna head there right now. Where are they?"

I watch as Vlu and Cade both leave the room. Eventually, everyone decides they're gonna do the same and I follow behind.