Chapter 5 - Duplicates

Flamez's P.O.V

I flop onto the bed. When we walked into this room I wasn't all that excited but everyone else seem to be relieved that we all finally got to rest, especially after what happened with Moon.. Speaking of, I didn't see anyone else really be phased by it.. It's probably just me.

I try to resist the urge to pull out my phone, despite knowing I didn't have it on me anymore. I can't believe I actually have to talk to people now, I'd much rather just stay glued to a screen rather than socialise, especially in this situation. While thinking to myself I can't help but overhear shouting outside. And considering the silence, it appears everyone else is listening too. To be honest I can't really tell who's talking, it sounds like a lot of voices, like there's more than one despite the fact pretty much everyone except Kinnie and Vlu are here-- No way, are Kinnie and Vlu arguing?!

I jump off of the bed to try and get a better listen as to what they're arguing about. I don't hear much because as soon as I get close to the door Kinnie comes storming into the room, Vlu following behind her. Maybe I shouldn't have tried to listen because I have no idea what they're arguing about. All I can hear is, again, muffling, like I just went deaf or something. By looking at Kinnie's face, I can tell she's about to hit someone.

I turn to the nearest person, Cade, and ask what they're arguing about. I can't hear much, still, but I could kind of get the memo that it was about Moon's death. A moment after, Kinnie leaves again and Vlu is left with us. My hearing goes back to normal and all I can hear is silence.

Cade's P.O.V

"Vlu, what even happened?" Flamez asks. "Sorry, my hearing went out for a bit and I'm not sure how it came to be like that. I didn't get to hear the whole thing."

"It's nothing, she's just acting like a bitch." Vlu replies, leaning against the wall. I look towards the open door, thinking that the right thing to do would be to search for her and see if she's okay.

"Hey, I'm gonna go look for Kinnie, anyone wanna come?" I ask. Kale and Arsabx decide to head with me and we both venture outside of the bedroom. I just want to go to bed but of course we have to have children here. 

I search the kitchen, and the study from earlier with no luck. We even looked in the first place we all gathered, a.k.a the same spot where Moon died, and she wasn't their either. With countless hours of searching, we decided to give up and decide to attempt to find her in the morning.

We head back to the bedroom without Kinnie, receiving glances of disappointment in return. All in all, I hope she's okay as I drift off into sleep.

Kinnie's P.O.V

I'm so glad I didn't leave my bag in the bedroom where everyone else is.

After my little argument with Vlu, I decided it would be best for me to sleep somewhere else, noticing that this house is much bigger than I thought it would be. I place my bag down in a considerably large library, leaving the door open in case I get hunted down by some ghost and I need to escape. I don't usually do that at home, because I like it when it's dark at night, but hey, I haven't been here before.

While setting up my small sleeping area, I hear footsteps. I perk up abruptly, a small bit of anxiety and paranoia stirring up inside, but I take no notice of it and assume it was the others coming to find me. As I continue what I was doing I hear it again, and, me getting curious, I decide to investigate. As I walk down the marble hallway filled shelf-to-shelf with books, I can't help but feel a little nostalgic. It's been a long time since I've been in a library, but my thoughts get dismissed quickly when I notice a shadow coming from behind one of the shelves, and footsteps that follow after. I chase it in the direction it was heading, feeling myself get closer and closer until my legs eventually stop working. They've literally gone numb as I tumble down onto the floor. I try to scramble to my feet until I feel something - or someone, come up behind me. They seem to be speaking some sort of language I haven't heard of, so I reply:

"I can't fucking understand you, speak English!"

It didn't really do anything, but I could only watch as they began to walk in front of me. As they lean down, I realise..

It's a perfect clone of me.