Chapter 5

A/N: Thanks for the 150 reads.

Gilly's P.O.V

"Rise and Shine! It's a new day! Put your best princess foot forward, and choose stylish but sensible flats as you'll be doing a lot of walking."  I awake from sleep to the sound of a very irritating voice. Pop! I sputter as confetti suddenly rains down on the room getting stuck in my surprised, open mouth. "What's happening?" Kayla asks. "Will you stop?" AG suddenly yells. As I catch a glimpse of two pixies hang a FIRST DAY OF CLASS banner across our window. "Are we going to be woken up like this every day?" I manage to ask. "Yes! Yes!" The pixies shout excitedly. I look over to my friends in time to see them both put their heads under their pillows. I start to cover my head up also when a loud gong stops me from doing so. The pixies come back and drop a pink envelope on each of our laps. Then they finally leave.

I turn over and open up my envelope to find a ball invitation stating:

You are hereby invited to the opening ball of Royal Academy. You are expected to wear your finest finery and wear your crowns and tiaras. You are expected to be there at 6 o'clock exactly. If you do not have an appointment with head seamstress Marta you have one hour to schedule if you do not schedule before then, then you will not get your perfect dress. 

I look at my friends and they look a bit frantic which I am also feeling. I have no clue how to schedule an appointment with Marta Marigold but I guess Kayla can get us in because here LIW is the seamstress assistant right. I turn to Kayla and open my mouth to say Can you get us an appointment with Marta Marigold. But Kayla stops me and says already on it the calls out "LOLA! It's a fashion emergency. I need you. Come quick. Please."Lola comes running in about five seconds later. She looks around then asks "What's the matter?" Kayla is the first to respond "Can you get us as one of the first people on the waiting list for Marta please?" Me and AG nod. Lola sighs and asks "Who is we?" I say "Kayla, AG, Maxine, Jocelyn possibly Beatrice and me." "That's a lot but I will try my best." "Thanks so much, Lola." Kayla says then turns to us as Lola leaves the room.

We go about picking out our outfits for our first day. I finally settle on a loose hanging pale blue dress with the glass slippers my dad made for me and a sapphire necklace, tiara, and bracelet.

 I finally settle on a loose hanging pale blue dress with the glass slippers my dad made for me and a sapphire necklace, tiara, and bracelet

AG picks out a yellow ruffled gown that would make her mom proud but she does look good in it. She is also wearing a rose in her hair and has her hair braided in a crown at the front instead of wearing a tiara. I have to admit it to myself that she looks way more stunning than I ever could.