A Love So Destructive

Requested by lustisbby

Lustberry

(Underlust sans x Underswap sans)

Word prompt: angst

Warning: violence

Blue... was a gentle person.

It was just as much a part of his personality as his frantic and excited energy; he couldn't help that he always shied away from violence. His tolerance for harming people was smaller than most, maybe even to the point of being more of a fault. The general idea of hurting another person never had an appeal, even when it came to those who had hurt him. Maybe it made him a pushover- but he didn't mind.

Blue had always been a nurturing soul, and he was used to constantly being cooed upon for not being born with a bad bone in his body. As a child, even as he got berated by the other children for not playing with them, he preferred to water the flowers rather than roughhouse.

He had devoted his life to training to become a member of the royal guard in his universe, a process that required endless physical training and experience in battle, not for the sake of fighting or even being stronger than others- just because his heart thrummed at the idea of being able to help protect the innocent. That was all he wanted, he never wanted to hurt anyone.

So it was just as surprising to Blue how quickly his gentle nature evaporated when he came home one day to see Lust bleeding out on the floor with a fist sized crack smashed into his skull.

Panic immediately seized him as he rushed to hurriedly tend to his hurt lover, and it became clear that Lust would need more help than Blue could offer.

It had taken a moment for Lust to overcome his swollen pride and tell Blue what had happened, and no sooner did white hot anger consume his vision when the answer did come.

There was no surprise that it had been a nasty group of fellverse sanses who had taken it upon themselves to rough Lust up after his refusal to "entertain" them. After they lost interest he had only been able to drag himself home before the effects of such injuries began to take a toll.

Blue sadly knew too well that Lust wasn't well liked across the multiverse, even less so after they had started dating. The multiverse whore dating the poster child for innocence apparently hadn't settled right with many, and such brutes had no problem taking it out on the less popular half of the couple.

Desperate not to worry him, Lust was just as dismissive as always, perhaps more so with Blue's newfound anger being so tangible. He skipped over questions and avoided the subject of the conversation with that annoying habit he had of ignoring his own self regard. With how much he admitted, Blue regretted thinking about what else might have happened to Lust and everything over the years he hadn't mentioned.

He hated thinking about it even as he hunted down the mentioned sanses much more easily than he should have, having always been so good at solving puzzles.

Lust, who was so much more innocent- so much kinder than anyone ever gave him credit for.

He thought about it even as he found them hanging around a some back alley universe, and confronted them.

Lust, who always tolerated eating his tacos even though Blue knew his recipe wasn't quite perfect, just to avoid hurting his feelings.

He thought about it as they ran, though to no avail.

Lust who woke him softly, greeting him in the world every morning with soothing touches and feather light kisses.

Blue thought about it as he finally got a hold of one of them and he yelped for help.

Lust who leaned into his touch, purring and so appreciative, even as he wiped away blood with a warm cloth and healed broken bone.

Blue thought about it as his knuckles became increasingly sore and blood stained. Beneath him the face of one of Lust's attackers sported a bloody, caved in skull and displaced teeth. He didn't slow even as the he felt the uptick of gained LV and realized he was pounding at the gray dust of the monster who had stopped fighting against him a while ago.

Lust who Blue so tenderly cherished despite a multitude of people who thought it was possible for him to deserve someone better.

Blue had a gentle nature, one he was all too willing to abandon for Lust.