In The Calm Of Your Arms

Requested by SensitiveTomato

Horrorlust

(Horrortale sans x Underlust sans)

Word prompt: comfort

 Objectively, Horror's life was filled with chaos.

It wasn't much of a surprise to say such a fact aloud, after all, what else could one come to expect?

His world wasn't known for its hospitality and was far from kind. The starvation and cannibalism his universe suffered had been only the start to the current chaos his life was steeped in. A warning of worse things to come.

So it had only grown more unruly once he'd met Dust. Dust had progressed the years along his side to deservingly become referred to as his best friend, but that didn't mean his presence wasn't troublesome. He still balanced Horror out in ways, being the more level headed out of the two who helped make decisions based in clear apathy compared to Horror's snappish and unhinged personality, yet he was more reckless. 

Dust had proven to be much more bloodthirsty than Horror was. Having higher LV and a yearning towards violence, he quickly became a stable root in the chaos in Horror's life. Making it his duty to always ensure that not a day went by where Horror wasn't dragged into bloodshed he found himself not entirely opposed to.

So of course he had been the one to introduce to Horror the idea of working for Nightmare. Have Horror tell the story, he would say that he hadn't had any desire to work for the walking wad of chewed up licorice and hadn't had much choice in the matter- it was something he'd been roped into alongside Dust. He'd been more or less forced to work for Nightmare by being in a position where saying no wasn't an option. 

But life frankly didn't care about whether or whether not he'd agreed to the arrangement, and all that mattered to it was that from then on Horror was one of Nightmare's faithful servants.

His life continued on to become increasingly crazy as, under Nightmare's orders, he became a widely feared and wanted sans across the multiverse. Sure, before he hadn't been too well liked and any sensible monster would have gone out of their way to avoid him, but it wasn't until he was shoved into becoming part of Nightmare's army that his name became a whispered warning and Dream labeled him a multiversal threat.

His life was a toss up of carrying out Nightmare's orders, somehow stumbling into yet more trouble with Dust at the head, or managing the decaying state of his AU.

So it surprised Horror how his life seemed to almost settle when he met Lust.

Everything didn't quite fall into perfect calm when he met the whore who made his life just a bit more tolerable, but it seemed to ground itself.

His life had more structure when he had someone special to look forward to seeing every week. A bit less stressful when he had someone to complain and bitch to.

Dust was no less important to him; but their relationship was a more unspoken kind. And while Horror knew his friend had his ass if need be, what they had was quiet and subtle in a way that didn't allow for them to sit and talk out problems going on in each other's lives.

At least not in the way he could with Lust as he smoked cigarettes and he gave a gruesome story in exchange for every raunchy one Lust had. It was comfortable.

Lust's life was demonstrably surrounded in disarray.

To say that even a segment of Lust's life was in order, or at very least not falling apart, was to say too much.