11

*** JUVIA ***

“Nnngggaaahhh!” I scream as Wendy’s fingers slid inside me. I’m sure I’m strangling my husband, but he doesn’t even make a sound. Instead he leaves my face chaste kisses as I melt into a moan.

“When you get the urge to push, Miss Juvia. You can.”

As soon as those words left me, a gripping contraction takes hold and I didn’t even need Wendy’s assurance for my body bore down on its own. I squeezed my eyes shut as I let my body do what it needed to. Slowly, I felt something move down.

A few more of the contractions and I was feeling them taking their toll on my body. A sigh comes out of me and I take in another breathe as this peace seems to be rare and will be more so in the next minutes.

“You’re doing so great, love. You are so strong.” whispers Gray as he nuzzles her hair.

“Please get in with me.” I reply weakly.

My husband didn’t need to be asked twice. He gets up from the floor and I hear his knees pop softly for they have been held in that twisted position for what feels like hours. Wordlessly, Gray slips over the edge I hear the water splash over to the side of the tub. He then slowly wraps his arms around me and slowly pulled me closer to rest on his chest.

“You are so strong, Juvia.” he whispers gently as he kisses the top of my head. “We’re meeting our baby soon.”