∘₊✧ 🌹 ✧₊∘

|| · · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · · ||

When are you gonna update "🌟"?

.....

So here's Elisop but make it where they're friends that reunite with each other again :D.

Modern day AU.
Mentions: Patricia x Fiona ( an underrated couple tbh 🥺)

(FINNEAS - Partners in crime is good, y'all should listen)

Warning: brain rot.
|| · · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · · ||

"You're really pretty." Those 3 words slurred from Eli. Empty beer bottles and half-drunken red cups laid littered beside the brunet; who, upon arrival to the party, had designated himself to a worn couch, drinking half his weight in cheap liquor and cracking jokes so terribly thought out they turned comical.

"It's not funny, Clark." The smaller figure beside him breathed. The white fabric of his shirt shifted and wrinkled as Aesop huddled into a ball. Between the booming music and the sea of wasted people, Carl wanted nothing but to go back to his dorm. He hated parties. Why did he even agree to come here in the first place? Aesop's train of thought was crashed by the deafening noise. It tore apart his mind into shreds and sent throbs of pain to his brain like a banging drum. He grasped handfuls of his silver locks in both fists and whined, "Let's go back to our dorm."

But Eli was already passed out before those words came out to tell him. Great, as if Aesop had not had enough problems for tonight. He pulled up all his might and wrangled the other's larger form on top of himself. While Carl struggled to keep his balance, his friend groaned and muttered, words drowned out from the blaring party.

"It's not a joke."

· · ─────── · ·

Years have passed since that event. And even though Eli and Aesop were still friends, their once tight-knit bond strained. The brunet left the university's gates two years before the other, searched and worked multiple jobs to afford his own apartment, met, fell in love, and fell out of love with a girl, while Aesop stayed and continued with his studies.

Eli never knew when they lost touch. Things just slipped away. Silently. Gently. Like a dried pine leaf falling onto the soft snow, finally accepting its fate to be forgotten.

The cold autumn air filled Recluse's nostrils as he stepped out from the detective firm. Rarely did he ever get to leave this early, though Eli figured it was just his partner, Mr. Inference, had a date night with Jack and wanted to end their shift quickly. But who was the male kidding? He couldn't care less about that. Eli returned to his car and sat down, gloved hands searched through the trench coat. They pulled out a phone, Recluse dialed a familiar number.

"Eli!" Fiona, his dear childhood friend, answered him. "Where are you right now? The party's about to start!"

He chuckled. Through her side Eli could make out the hectic sounds of people chattering and chairs being shifted around in the background, "It does sound like that." Perhaps there were even more people there than Recluse thought. He questioned, "How many people did you and Patty really invite there?"

"Mmm.... Not much." Fiona paused, "There's my grandparents, Patty's mum, you, Emily, Vera, Margie, Norton, Mike, Jose, Kevin, Demi, Will, Tracy, Luca, Andrew, Victor and Wick, Grandpa Murro and his pig,..."