∘₊✧ ♠️ ✧₊∘

Deep diving into Identity V's Japanese wiki at 2am got me feeling things I've never thought I could feel about a button eye doll so …

Disclaimer: This chapter contains a lot of self interpretation and headcanons on how the characters may think and act. 

I'm trying out a new writing style so I'd be really grateful if you guys give me some feedback on it 🥺🥺🥺. (P.s. I also added in a drawing for this)

Anyways, before there was Elisop there was Aesop questioning his feelings for Eli :D

|| · · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · · ||

"So it's true then." She glanced at the other,  "You like him?"

|| · · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · · ||

1:05am - The embalmer's bedroom

Aesop couldn't sleep. He opened his eyes to face the dark ceiling. God knows how many times he had to meet this same sight. A hush whine escaped from those thin lips. Is a good night's sleep too much to ask for? After what felt like lifetimes of tossing and turning with little to no avail, the young male begrudgingly accepted defeat. Frustrated, he stared out the window. He stared and stared and stared, imaging a familiar face looking back.

He knows he shouldn't think about that man too much.

Eli Clark - The Seer. Tan skin. Umber locks. Bushy brows. Charming smile. An even more charming voice. And eyes so blue the ocean would dry itself in shame.

What he'd do to be drowned in those waves.

Aesop would let its abyss welcome and envelope him. He would let his hot breath be stripped away and replaced with the freezing waters.He would let his eyes be glazed with ocean blue. He would let his senses be lulled to sleep by every tidal wave…

But of course, a degenerate like him would never be worthy of such blessing. The diviner was a man with virtue and dignity, whose soul pledged to bring only good to those deserving of good. Aesop merely wallowed in the shadow of his glory, forever as a pitiful moth to his light; compelled yet hesitant.

Leaving the comfort of his sheets to rest against the window sill, the embalmer sighed. Pearl-like, silvery irises gazed idly out to nowhere. The manor's usual dark, gloomy atmosphere only more prominent now in the mysterious night. A perfect unison of deepest cerulean and purest snow all glistened brightly under the silk trap called the sky. There, the moon with her curving arch casted a smile against Aesop's sulking frown. 

It would be better if he stopped associating him with everything...

The young male groaned again then huddled into a ball. This was getting worse. This was getting out of hand. Perhaps a change of scenery would help ease his mind? With that thought, Aesop left his room, wandering aimlessly through the empty halls.

· · ─────── · ·

5:11am - Oletus Manor's conservatory

Instead of making him sleep, the wandering only worsened his restlessness.

Cold air filled Aesop's lungs as he breathed in. It was quiet here. From the dew droplets shining on each green leaf, to the distant trickling of water, everything was perfectly frozen still. And he liked it that way, or at least had grown used to it.