Chapter 7

It has been a week since Seth has claimed my sister as his mate.

A week of him ignoring me.

A week of pain for me.

A torturing week.

It sickens me when I see them walking around, hands interlocked and smiles on their faces.

The deal my sister proposed in the poolhouse seems like nothing but a hoax now. She looks happy being with him and he, well Seth looks overjoyed.

I haven't spoken to neither of them and Bea isn't hanging around Chad anymore.

"Billy, babe, what's wrong? You've been out of it since last week." Chord takes my hand in his under the table.

"I'm ok, I just-"

"What did you just call her?" I look up to see Seth standing next to Chord, glaring down at him and looking ready to hurt him. The only thing stopping him is a Bea holding him back.

"Dude, chill, don't you have a girlfriend to deal with?" Chord stands, not wanting to seem small by sitting and having Seth look down at him, making our hands part.

"This is none of your business, Seth." I say, finding my voice and standing up, slipping my hand back into Chord's.

Chord gives me a weak smile and squeezes my hand reasuringly.

"It's your business, so I'll make it my business!" He snarls, taking a step closer when he notices my and Chord's hands.

"Seth, don't." Bea grabs his arm.

He moves away from her and grabs Chord by the collor.

"Let go, man." Chord claws at Seth's hands.

"Stay. Away. From. Billy." Seth says, his eyes growing darker.

"Seth," I plea, "let him go."

Seth doesn't listen to me.

"Do something." I tell Bea.

"Only you can calm him down." She says to me.

"Seth . . ." I place a hand on his shoulder from behind.

His stiff body visably relaxes at my touch.

"Let Chord go and go back to your mate." I put emphisis on the word 'mate'.

I have no idea what weight my words had on him but he roughly let Chord go, shrugging my hand off and moving towards my sister, putting his arm around her shoulder and drawing her near.

With one last pitiful look at me, he turns around and walks away.

My cheeks are flushed and I feel a lump in my throat, but I hold the tears in. Bowing my head, I look at no one as I exit the lunch room and head for the toilet.

When I reach the public toilet I check all the stalls to make sure they are empty. When I am satisfied that I am alone, I go into the last stall, lock the door behind me and close the top of the toiletpot so I can sit.

I take a seat, knowing the the lump won't go away unless I get rid of the built up tears.

My heart feels as though it has been physically ripped out of my chest and I am still alive while the person who has my heart is repeatedly squeezing it in their hands, wanting to cause me pain.

I heave as I let the tears fall, feeling my heart ache at the pain.

Flashback - Axel . . .

I am sixteen years old and I am madly in love.

I don't think it is infactuation. I really do know it is love.