Chapter 20

Billy's POV

I hate him.

How could he have done this to me?

I thought he said he loved me, so then if he did, why would he nearly rape me for his god forsaken heir?

And then there's that damned Seth as well.

It has been a week already, where the hell is he? Is he not going to rescue me?

He's probably glad to be rid of me and is probably with my sister at this very instant.

Why am I so jealous?

Right, because we are mates and I freaking love the dude even though I haven't told him that yet but I swear when I get out of this hell hole I will tell him.

In case you were wondering, after that fight Chord and Axel had, Axel had his wolves take Chord and Becka to the 'cells' and he hasn't lain another forcefilled finger on me since.

Thank goodness for that.

Apparently he has had a change of heart and wants to make me fall in love with him all over again.

Yeah right, like that's gonna happen.

I was confused at first, probably the shock of seeing him again, but now I have a clear head. All my love for him is gone.

The only person I love is Seth.

Axel freed me of those cuffs but I only get to roam his room.

I don't get to see Chord or Becka or even go to the kitchen. I am so worried about them. I hope they are well fed and warm at night. I wonder if they are together or seperate.

I thought Chord died when I saw Axel's canines digging into his neck. An easy kill. But by some miracle he is alive and I am thankful for that.

I tried escaping but there are guards at every possible exit point, be it the door, the windows, beneath the balcony. Everywhere.

One of them even gave me a red rose and thanked me, saying that giving them an Alpha pup and making the Alpha less moody was very thoughtful of me.

The guy looked at me with such adoration, hope and trust that I would grant this Pack an heir that I just smiled at him and said nothing.

I need to work on a plan to get out of here. I need to get Axel someone who will happily give him a pup or two.

Bea?

Well . . . she is looking for a Alpha and this way Seth will be free, but would she want to become a mother this young?

Why is Axel in such a rush anyway?

I push my back against the headboard and draw my legs closer, resting my head on my knees.

The door opens and in walks the only person besides me who can enter this room.

"Good morning, my love. How did you sleep?" He smiles happily at me, sitting next to me and giving me a peck on the cheek.

It takes so much willpower not cringe away from him. He is not the same boy I used to know. He's more possessive now and more . . . cold.

We sleep in the same bed and the only female clothes are silky night gowns that stops just bellow the bottom.

Seeing as I don't want to wear his T-shirts or boxers or smell like him anymore than I already do, I wear the silk stuff.

At times I wonder if the harlot wore it. I wonder if he thinks I'm her when he sleeps next to me at night.

I admit, the only thing keeping me sane is that I sometimes imagine he is Seth when he holds me or kisses me.

I don't want to fight him, we all know what happened last time I did, but I don't let him take advantage of me either.

Whenever he starts kissing me I just tell him I'm not ready and pretend that I too want to fall back in love with him. It'll buy me time.

I hope.

"I was breathless." I say honestly. It is true that I was breathless but not in a romantic way, the guy's arm was squeezing my waist so tightly I almost fainted.

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry about that, I heard you sniffing and just knew you were crying. It was my way of saying it's ok and that I love you." He runs his knuckles along my chin, making me look at him with bluring eyes.

Its true, I cry every night but I never knew he was awake last night. I cry because I am worried about Becka and Chord. I cry because I miss Seth and because I miss Bea too. I cry because I am so helpless and I can't even use my powers without being caught and burned alive and because I am not trained well enough.

I cry for the boy I once knew. The Axel who used to be loving and caring and funny.

"I know you love me. I'm sorry." I brush away a tear.

He cups my cheeks and brings his lips to mine.

I breath in and out though my nose to calm myself and close my eyes, imagining I am about to kiss Seth and not Axel.

I force myself to kiss him back but the rest of my body remains tense, my arms rigid.

Axel deepens the kiss by shoving his tongue into my mouth and grasping the nape of my neck, pulling me closer to him.

He uses his other hand to grab onto the side of my waist, squeezing it and manouvering us so that I am placed up on his lap.

His middle and index finger suddenly run down my thigh, stroking the bare skin and moving upwards towards the hem of the night gown.

This is getting heated too fast and if I don't stop it now, his inner wolf will take over and he would force himself upon me.

I place a hand on his shoulder and pry my lips from his.

He growls lowly and licks his lips, still tightly holding on to me.

"Please don't make me stop," he begs, "I've been wanting to do this for so long. What more do I have to do to prove to you that I still love you?"

I take a shakey breath, "Nothing. I know you love me, in your own way," I add quickly, "It's just gonna take a while for me to get used to the new you. If you really love me the way you say you do, then you'll give me time."

He nods, his hand trailing up and down my spine. While he does this, uncomfortable shivers run through me.

Yeah right, like I'll ever love him again.

I mean I do still care for him and feel sorry for him but that's about it. He betrayed me and that betrayal cut too deep. I know I will forgive him but my mate is the one I will always choose.

I know she was his mate and it has to be pretty clear right now that Davina didn't love him as she should have as a mate and I wonder why. Aren't mates supposed to be inseperable?