Chapter 14: Drama

"How is it? Did you find out?" Li Fengyi called his assistant.

"Director Li, I did. It's just..." The director's assistant at the other end of the line hesitated.

"Just what? Make it clear." Li Fengyi leaned back on the chair and relaxed.

"One of them is a member of the Xia family..."

"Huh? The Xia family...?" Li Fengyi's eyes darkened and he sat up straight.

"He's the younger brother of Xia Mujiang, the current head of the family." The assistant director explained.

"How could Xia Mujiang have another brother?" Xia Mujiang was the Xia Master's only son. Xia Qian'an would have to be...

"Xia Qian'an is an illegitimate son... But rumors say that Xia Mujiang is better to him than to others. Xia Qian'an has a higher position in the Xia family than the other illegitimate children."

While Li Fengyi was listening, he received an email from his assistant. The Xia family's position was not dispensable. It might be difficult for him to act.

"And the other one?"

"The other... It's impossible to find out. I only know that he suddenly appeared beside Xia Qian'an a few months ago, and now he lives in Xia Qian'an's villa."

"Mn, you don't have to worry about it. Go ahead with the preparations." Li Fengyi then hung up, frowning and thinking. They found nothing? Was his identity so mysterious? He could be a bad person—but Li Fengyi's mind still hadn't stopped. Those two people were completely in line with his idea of the leading actors of this drama. Regardless of their appearance and temperament or their first impression, they had what he wanted.

"You mean that Li Fengyi of the Li family is investigating Xia Qian'an?" Xia Mujiang's tone was flat, no emotion could be heard, and his eyes were blank.

"Yes." Assistant Ji pushed up his gold rimmed glasses and replied respectfully.

After signing several documents, Xia Mujiang continued to talk. "Why?"

"I guess he wants Xia Qian'an in his drama."

"..."

Assistant Ji saw that the president didn't speak, so he continued, "Li Fengyi has been preparing a drama recently. The candidates for the two main leads have not been determined. President, how do you want to deal with this?"

"Let him make his own choice." After Xia Mujiang signed the last document, put down the pen and leaned back. "If he agrees, his identity and illness should be kept secret."

"President? Xia Qian'an, shouldn't he...? After all..." He had a very severe case of social anxiety disorder.

Xia Mujiang looked up at his assistant and didn't speak. If he were the him from back then, he would have made sure Xia Qian'an wouldn't play the role, but now it was not necessarily a given. His illness was getting better. Plus, the man beside Xia Qian'an, the one named An Jiu... he still hadn't found out about him—as though he had fallen out of the sky. His identity was odd.

The hint of murderous air around him warned that there were definitely dozens of lives on the man's hands, which made him extremely dangerous. He just didn't know how Xia Qian'an got to know him and developed that kind of relationship.

This was one of the reasons why Xia Mujiang gave the option to Xia Qian'an.

"I understand, President. I'll see to it." Noting that the president looked up, Assistant Ji replied quickly.