10 -- The End ..... Maybe .....

The Handsome Devil was going about his usual daily chores.  Yelling, threatening, smirking, torturing, stomping.   And smiling.   Before he left, he and Larry had come to an agreement.  He would leave Larry alone during his human lifetime, but Larry was his when his life in the Overworld was done.   At the end of their "meeting", Melinda had left them alone, to talk.  Contrary to what was said, and how Lucy had hurt Larry's feelings terribly, he explained the reason why.  They had both revealed that they might have "feelings" for one another.  That could be explored at a later date.  That thought alone made him grin like the proverbial Cheshire Cat.  They had parted with a sweet, but passionate kiss to remember each other by, for now.  Lucy was well aware of the feelings that this "weakness" might present, especially to his enemies.  He had an image, a persona to keep up, after all.  And they had exploited this weakness before.  But, now he knew better.  And when you know better, you do better.  So Larry would be his, before he knew it.  And he would see how that goes.  They would have forever to find out, after all.

Larry and Melinda had also reached an agreement.  Well, it was an offer she couldn't very well afford to refuse.  Larry had offered to pay for her to have an apartment of her own, a car, and a monthly allowance, for a maximum of a year.  After that, she was on her own.  She should use the time, and the money, wisely, he had told her.  Take some classes, educate herself, find a job, find a man, find herself.  The pot was calling the kettle black, he knew this.  He knew he had to spend some time alone, to do the exact same thing.  Finding, and liking, himself.  

--  --  --  -- --  --  --  --  --  --  --  -- 

Larry hadn't seen his brother in forever, it seemed.  To his own slight shock, and delight, apparently, he was nervous, excited to be seeing Laurent again.  He worried about the reason, though.  Was it because he had genuinely missed him, his company, his counsel ?  Or because he looked so much like Lucy, and he needed to see that face again ?  Misplaced affection, he knew ..... Or ..... a third option ?  Was he cultivating .... feelings ..... for Laurent ?  He had a whole lifetime in front of him before he would see Lucy again, and it was agreed between them that Larry shouldn't, wouldn't, couldn't live like a hermit.  He would cut back on the excessive sexual behaviour, for sure, he didn't need that now.  But both Melinda and Lucy, and Larry himself, wanted him to be happy.  So.  Laurent ?  His brother ?  Incest ?   Larry grinned, which turned into a smile, then a chuckle, then a full blown laugh, and then hysterical laughter, making him hold his sides, and double over, trying to catch his breath.  Making love with Laurent ?  He had already dreamed it, and had, literally, fucked The Devil himself.  How could anything be more depraved than that, he smiled.  

Laurent was already waiting for him at their favourite cafe.  They would have lunch together today, and spend a little longer in each other's company.  They greeted each other with the usual bro hug and handshake. 

"How you doin', bro ?"  Larry asked, smiling, genuinely happy to be seeing Lau again.  

"Good, you ?  Haven't seen you in forever"  he grinned, knowing his expression and it's meaning wouldn't be lost on his brother.   

"Yeah, yeah, OK"

"Don't want to say it, but ......"  Laurent was grinning from ear to ear.

"Then don't !"  Larry laughed.  He looked up at Laurent sheepishly from under his lashes, not wanting to fully engage his brother's eyes, though he knew there would be no admonition there, no reprisal.  

"Of course you were right, Lau"  Larry admitted simply.

"Of course I was.  Always am."  Laurent suddenly took Larry's hand in his, holding it gently between his two large ones.  "I'm sorry you had to deal"  he said.  "She was no good.  She used you.  But you know that.  It's hard to see when you're in it.  Easier to see when you're not.  Even harder to tell someone you care about, when they don't wanna see it."  Larry stared at their joined hands, loving the warmth of them, and the genuine affection it held.  He looked at Laurent then, searching his eyes for something.  Would he find what he was looking for ?