My Protector

Everyone greeted Micheal and eventually dragged him off. I walked over to a table and sat down. I looked around at everyone. People were standing around talking and laughing. They were so comfortable around there family. It just made me think how fucked up my family was. Marlon pulled a chair up next me me. "Jasmine! What are you doing here". He hugged me tightly and I squinted my eyes in pain.

He patted me on the back and I felt a tear roll down my face. I gave him a faint smile. "Michael invited me. He wanted me to meet his family since he met my mom". Marlon smiled. "That's great...and by the way I'm sorry about what happened to your mom, she will get better just keep her in your heart". He patted me on the back once more and got up and left. "Ow" I mumble to myself while trying my best to rub the spot he patted.

I look up and try to find Michael. When I spotted him I saw him talking to his mom. That must be Katherine Jackson. Michael pointed at me and whispered in her ear. She then looked shocked but happy when she looked in my direction.

Michael stared walking over to me but this tall man came up to me first

Michael stared walking over to me but this tall man came up to me first. "Hi I'm Tito...Tito Jackson I'm Michael's step brother. You're gorgeous...I've never seen you at a family reunion before are you Michael's friend". I smiled "No I'm his cousin I'm from Liberia". He licked his lips.  "that's great." Michael walked up to me and I kissed him as he put his arm around me".

"Hey Tito" Michael said smiling. Tito's mouth hung open in shock. I shrug my shoulders "what? that's how we greet our cousins back in Liberia". I gave him a smirk and waved bye to him. He stood there frozen as we walked away.

Michael giggled "My cousin huh?" I could help but laugh. "What? It's fun to mess with people".  He gave me a high five. "So are you really from Liberia" he asked me as he was walking me towards his mother. "I am actually so that wasn't a lie, it's beautiful over there, I would love to go back one day". Michael had a huge smile across his face. "Good to know" he said.

"Wait what do you mean by tha...." I got cut off by him when he said. "Mom this is Jasmine". I was so nervous. "Hi, Mrs.Jackson it's nice to meet you".  She smiled and held my hand. " Please call me Katherine". I shook my head.

"I love this turtle neck where did you get it?. She gently grabbed my arm but where she had grabbed me was where my worst bruise was. "OWWW" I yelled. The tears in my eyes started to form. I felt that area on my arm starting to throb. Michael quickly put his hand on my back. "Are you ok?" I shook my head. "I'm fine please stop asking, I'm ok". Michael looked cornered.

" I'm sorry dear I didn't mean to hurt you" Katherine pleaded in guilt. "No...no it's not your fault...I- I need to use the restroom I'm sorry". I ran off into a crowd of Jackson's pushing past everyone in my way. I couldn't see where I was going with the tears in my eyes.

I ran upstairs and into the bathroom. I looked into the mirror. I placed my hands on the sink and bowed my head starting to cry.  Suddenly Michael opened the door and closed it behind him locking it. I looked at him and he wiped my tears with his thumbs.

"Show me" he said. I knew what he meant but I still looked at him confused. "What do you mean?".

"Jasmine, I'm not stupid...I noticed every time I touched you, you flinched in pain...I know he hurt you just tell me what's going on". I looked at the floor, I held the end of my turtle neck, I sighed and then pulled it over my head. I put my turtle neck on the sink.

Michael looked at me with a devastating look. "Why Jasmine?...why did you lie and say you were ok?"

I looked at him. "Because I didn't want you to think I was weak or useless". Michael pulled me in for a hug. I could never think that way about you Jasmine I lo..." he stopped himself and cleared his throat. "Um is it anywhere else?" He asked nervously. I leaned my forehead on his shoulder. I took my jeans off and they sat at my ankles.

"What the hell...he did all of this to you?" I shook my head. "Your not going back there tonight...or ever again". I cocked my head at him. "But Michael I'm fine".

"You don't look Fine Jasmine...I didn't even know your skin could turn this color". He said pointing at a dark blue spot in my leg. "Your sleeping here with me tonight, I'm not letting you go back there I don't want to see you get hurt anymore, he did all of this to you in one day, imagine what you'll look like in a week and why is there a bite mark on your neck did he touch you inappropriately..."  he said demandingly

I shook my head. "You're not going back there..." he was about to start another rant again so I lunged myself at him and kissed him passionately. I threw my arms around his neck.

Someone jiggled the door knob and we jumped back. I realized that I was still half naked and pulled my pants up and put my shirt back on. Michael looked at me with a seductive grin.

"Come with me". He grabbed my hand and lead me out the bathroom. When he opened it Tito and Michael were face to face. Tito stood there with his mouth open again when he saw us walk past him. I shrugged my shoulders and smile.