Shopping And Hair

Aaliyah met up with me in front of a store she shopped at often. Aaliyah wasn't like other girls that's why we became friends. She was girly but had a tomboy look. I saw her walking down the block with a smile on her face. She had on a white bandanna, hoop earrings, a baggy zip up sweater with a white crop top and baggy white pants with timbs on.

Me on the other hand, I had on a t-shirt and jeans and sneakers.

"Hey bestie" Aaliyah said all jolly. "Heyy" she tilted her head. "Ew can I get more excitement". She said giggling "Hey girrllll". I emphasized. "Much better thank you". She said giggling and intertwining her fingers in front of her.

"Aaliyah what are we doing here?" She smiled and threw her arm around my shoulder and led me into the store. "We are going to find you an outfit for the party". She led me over to the dresses and we searched through the rack. "I want to find you something that is going to wow everyone at that party".

I giggled "Me? Wow people? Yeah right" she picked up a bright pink dress. "This is cute". I looked at her with wide eyes "no way am I wearing pink, you know I like dark colors". She shook her head "your right...um how about this one". She picked up a dark blue dress.

"Oooo....nah I don't like the stupid flowers on it". She shook her head "your definitely right". I looked through the rack and couldn't find anything I liked.

"Jasmine look at this one". I picked my head up and saw Aaliyah holding up a dark green dress. I could tell that it would fit my body tight. "Aaliyah I don't know if I have the body for that". Aaliyah rolled her eyes and pushed the dress into my chest. "We're getting this dress..now come help me look for something".

We walked to the other side of the store and she picked out some clothing from Tommy Hilfiger . When we paid for our things we left the store and she dragged me down the block by my hand to a hair salon. "We're going to get our hair done". My hair was always in a ponytail, I had never straightened my hair.

"Aaliyah I don't want to straighten my hair". She giggled and threw me into a chair. "She's not going to straighten it silly she's just going to wash and define your curls". Aaliyah sat in the chair next to me.

A lady came up to me and took my hair out of the ponytail. She handed me the rubber band and tilted my head back into a sink.

When we left the place my hair was curly and out.

"Jasmine you have such long beautiful hair". I smiled as I ran my fingers through it. We went back to Aaliyah's house and emptied our bags onto her bed.

"Your going to look so good in this dress." She said I laid the dress out on the bed and looked at it. I still felt insecure about it but I believed in Aaliyah and she was right I needed to wear something different to get Michael to really notice me. "Aaliyah can you keep the dress here at your house if my mom saw me with this dress she would kill me".

She put her hand on my shoulder "of course...now sit and let's figure out your hairstyle for Saturday". I sat in a chair in front of a desk and a mirror with lights all around it. She put my hair in all kinds of styles but one really stuck with her.

"I got the hairstyle I know exactly how you're going to look Saturday and I'm so excited."

"What are you going to do with your hair?" I said turning around in my seat to face her. She sat on her bed and went into deep thought about it... "I think I'm just going to leave it out".

"I'm actually really excited for Saturday Aaliyah thanks so much for bringing me to my first party".

She smiled "I couldn't go without you, but just keep in mind that Brooke will be there ok". I rolled my eyes at the name. "Your going to look better then her, You and Michael have a connection".

"No don't tell me that" I said giggling and hiding my face in my hands.

"I'm being serious Jasmine I think you'd be really good for him". I started to blush at the thought of Michael and I as a couple.

"And what about you Aaliyah...I can tell Marlon is into you". She smiled shyly. "I hope so, I wouldn't want to be one of those girls that he just has sex with and leaves".

I gasped and shook my head "no way your wife material, you can get him out of his hoe ways"

Aaliyah giggled "Jasmine you always know what to say". I laughed "duhhhh, and wouldn't it be great for the both of us to Marry a Jackson".

Her cheeks turned red "we'd be like sisters in law or something". I laughed

"Looks like we have a life goal set up". I said chuckling.