What a start!

Jade and I walked out of the big Star Fleet University Building "At last" I yawned and stretched. We had just received the result letters of our final exams, the Ships we would be stationed on and the rank and job description we would be carrying out.

We sat down on a bench which stood under a massive tree.

All the Star Fleet Ships were tiny dots in the sky, they waited for their new crew members.

Some of the Star Ships Commanders and Captains were on the Planets surface, walking about and stopping now and then to talk to a recruit.

Jade opened her result letters first, top notes in all subjects, reward for being a top student, Star Ship USS Enterprise, Lieutenant, Medical Officer, Nurse. That's exactly what she had applied for.

I gave her big hug "Come on, open yours!" she shrieked excited.

I opened it, Top notes in all subjects, reward for being a top student, Star Ship USS Enterprise, Lieutenant, Communications Officer.

This time she jumped up and around the bench, whereas I just sat on it, my right leg over my left, eyebrow lifted "Calm down Jade" I smirked and shook my head. Then three figures came towards us "Well, it seems like you got what you wanted" a broad-shouldered man in the middle of the other two, yellow shirt, dark blond hair stood in front of us. We straight away stood to attention, everybody knew who this man was and the two men next to him "Captain Kirk, Sir" we saluted. He laughed "Drop the formalities, I would like to see your papers" he smiled and hold out his hand, we gave him our result papers. The other two looking over his shoulder.

Both wearing the blue shirt, the one on the left, looking slightly grumpy with brown hair could only be Doctor Leonard McCoy and the other, perfect dark brown (nearly black) hair, high eyebrows, dark brown eyes, very tall and of perfect stature, the best giveaway his pointy ears, Mr. Spock.

Mr. Spock lifted his eyebrow and looked straight at me "Impressive" he said. I felt my face becoming hot and I knew I was blushing. "Who is Miss Montgomery?" Dr McCoy asked and Jade stepped forward "That's me Doctor McCoy", McCoy smiled "I will be your new Boss then, come on here, I have to give you a few things" she walked over to him and they walked away a few steps.  "You must be Anja?" Kirk asked looking at me "You're specialised in Communications, but it states here that you are also extraordinary in Science, Technology, Navigation... well, practically everything" he looked up in amazement and handed the letter to Spock "What do you think Spock? Would it be good to have her with us on the Bridge?" he asked looking at Spock.

"It would seem logical Captain" he answered, he handed the letter back to me, but I was so nervous that I brushed his hand while taking my letter back and both of us felt that electric shock. Spock who was a Vulcan (Half Vulcan to be exact) never showed emotions but there was a flicker in his eyes as he looked at me, he knew I had felt it too. It was just a split second and Captain Kirk hadn't noticed but it was long enough for us to know.

Kirk then put his Arm around my shoulder "So Miss Ullmann, lets go off to your new home".
Spock had his hands behind his back, standing up straight and following us while Kirk led me towards Jade and McCoy, who seemed to get along perfectly already. Jade was beaming for happiness which made my heart all happy and content. She had been through a tough time and she deserved it so much to be happy.

I smiled at her "Anja!" she came running towards me, throwing her arms around me which made my waist long auburn/ginger hair flew around.

Spocks POV: As her friend jumped up on her and span her around, Anja's hair flew up and the scent of sweet flowers came his way. He breathed in being half hypnotised by it.
What is it about this woman?
The touch?
The electricity that had flown through him as her hand had brushed his?
The moment he first had set eyes on her and his heart started beating more than what would be normal for a Vulcan?
He doesn't understand, he had never felt like this before. It was in fact very irritating.