Chapter 31: what will they do?

Garroth's PoV

After I found out my mom and dad were coming to visit, I couldn't sleep.

I wanted to see them again, but I wasn't prepared to see them.

What if they find out I'm gay, what will they do then? Especially my dad, he's homophobic.

I sat in my room, watching tv, but all I could focus on was the thought of not being accepted by my parents. It was scary, to think that they would hate me if I were gay, which I am.

Before I knew it it was 3am and I still couldn't sleep. I didn't want to sleep.

I know I'm putting stress on myself and I know it's not good, but I'm scared.

Scared of what he will do, what if he hurts us, hurts Laurance.

I tried to close my eyes, but as I did a memory came flooding my mind.

It was a horrible memory, one I wish I could forget, but it was still there like it happened yesterday.

It was the end of the school day, my dad was coming to pick me, Zane and Vylad from school.

Back then Laurance and I were only friends, but I had a huge crush on him.

Before I left to go in the car, I hugged Laurance saying bye to him. Both out faces turned slightly red as I did so, but he hugged and said bye back.

Then as I got into the car, I looked at my dad, he looked angry. I asked him if he was ok, but he said he was fine, so I shrugged it of.

When we got home, he had asked me to stay behind, I did so not knowing what would come next.

He started hitting me, saying things like 'you're not my son'.

I cried as he shouted and hit me, I didn't know what I did wrong, but I apologised to him.

He continued to hit me, not even listening to the, 'I'm sorry's' I was saying.

Now, I know what I did wrong , I realised that it wasn't wrong, but why did if feel so wrong that I disappointed my father.

"Garroth," I heard a voice from my door

I looked over to see a very tired looking Laurance. He rubbed his eyes and then said,

"Are you okay? I heard a loud bang,"

I looked over at the floor to see some books off of my nightstand had fell.

Not like I actually knew how to read, I just had them for show.

I picked them up and put them back, before turning back to Laurance.

"Yeah, sorry," I said, "did I wake you up?"

He nodded and yawned.

"Why are you even awake?" He asked

"I...can't sleep," I sighed

Laurance walked closer to my bed and sat down next to me.

"you can sleep with me," he said

"What kind?" I asked, smirking

"Both," he said, as he laid down, "but I'm too tired right now"

I laid down too and wrapped my arms around him.

"We could do it tomorrow," I said, still smirking

"We could," he said

Then the room went silent as the brunette in my arms drifted off to sleep.

Any thoughts of my dad soon washed away, and all I could think about was keeping Laurance safe.