Part 5

Jirou's POV

I woke up to someone lightly shaking my shoulder I looked up to see Yaoyorozu smiling at me. I tried to rub the tiredness out of my eyes and realized that I was sitting in Yaoyorozu's lap. I quickly got off of her and moved further away from her.

"Are you ok"

"I-I should leave"

"But it's still really early, I'll walk with you"

"No I'll be fine"

"But I-" "Just leave me alone!"

"I-" "I don't need friends... " 'you're lying to yourself... stop fighting her...' She stopped as a sad expression came onto her face. I stormed out of her room before that face could make me change my mind. I ran out of her house and out into the street ignoring the voice that told me to go back. I ran back to the cliff that me and Lucero basically grew up on.

"Why am I always running from something!" I screamed at the top of the cliff. I clutched the sides of my head and broke down crying.

"Ughh! What is wrong with me!"

"There's nothing wrong with you" I turned my head but saw nothing but know I heard something. His voice was back in my head. I tried to ignore it but it kept coming back.

"You're still scared"

"I'm not scared"

"Need to stop running away from this"

"I'm not running away from anything!!"

"....."

"She probably hates me now I'm just.... Scared... Of losing someone else... Of having to go through that pain again... Of loving again..."

"You'll never lose me as long as I'm in your heart"

"....."

"I'll always love you Kyo"

"I'll always love you too Luce"

"Don't forget about your promise ok" and with that, he was gone.

Walked out of the forest and started on my way back home. I walked with my head down thinking about how mean Yaoyorozu.

'She probably doesn't even wanna talk to me anymore' I unlocked the front door and was greeted by my angry mother but before she could say anything and gave her a hug.

"I'm sorry"

"It's ok," she said as she wrapped her arms around me.

"I'm just glad that you're ok" she said as I hugged her tighter.

"I have to go to the store for a bit ill be right back" I let her go and she walked out leaving me alone.

'But I like being alone right' I sighed and walked up to my room. I walk into my room and into my closet pulling out a box with a bunch of old photos of me and Lucero. Of all the fun we.... Used to have. I smiles looking at the photos. 'I miss that feeling' I clutched onto the photos missing him more and more with every photo I took out. I started to think about Yaoyorozu and how she wanted to be my friend.

"She probably hates me... Why did I do that." I put away all of the photos. And walked over to my bed and watched YouTube.

   I don't remember falling asleep but I woke up to here keys jingling and the front door opening. I walked downstairs to see my mom on the phone she had her hands full of groceries. I walked over to her and took the bags from her and started to put the groceries away.

"Your dad is on the phone" I froze and dropped the peanut butter on the floor and ran to my mom.

"Lemme see lemme see lemme see!"

"Ok Kyoka can you give me a second"

"ugh," I groaned she moved the phone away from her face and told me to stop being impatient.

   After what felt like forever she handed me the phone and I put it on speaker. I felt tears welling up in my eyes as I heard my dads voice.

"This is usually where you speak" my mom whispered to me.

"H-Hey Dad"

"Hey kiddo how's school going"

"It's ok"

"You made any friends"

"...."

My mom saw the sadness in my eyes and changed the subject.

"Hey Kyoka tell him about the song you've been working on"

"O-Oh yeah I've been working on a song for a while"

"Cool when it's done can I hear it?"

"Yea, of course"

"Alrig- Ah I'm sorry kiddo I've gotta go"

"Oh... Ok bye"

He doesn't know about what happened to my friend because he hasn't been here. I continued to put the groceries away. Then left to go to sleep.