Chapter-29 Edna's Wedding

Arabella

We reached the venue just on time, I couldn't take my eyes off my handsome husband. People find him intimidating or some mean people also call him ugly, disgusting, monster and what not. The only reason being that a part of his face changed due to an accident. Or should I say an attack which was never meant for him. Suddenly I have this urge to cry and I didn't notice when a tear actually slipped out of my left eye followed by another and finally I was crying. It was as if I could feel all the pain that Ethan went through at that tender age. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice Ethan guiding me to a corner and holding my face in his big palms...

"Ari something is definitely wrong and I know you are hiding something...what is it love? Daisy is fine and you have reached for Edna's wedding just on time. Why are you weeping?" He wiped my tears and when I gazed in those beautiful blue eyes all I saw was concern for myself. I hugged him and sobbed quietly. I wonder if my hormones will continue to trick me throughout my pregnancy. I agree I can be a cry baby at times but not this much....

"Ari...love...please tell me what is it? You know I can't stand your tears." I pulled back and wiped my tears with a smile and told him I am fine and just getting emotional for no reason. He definitely didn't buy it so I told him that I was just thinking about his past which made me cry. This time he took me in a tight hug and kissed the crown of my head mumbling...

"I am not in pain anymore...will never be for you are with me forever" I smiled and nodded eagerly. I will always be with him and nothing is going to change that.
Very carefully Ethan wiped my tears with his handkerchief making sure my make-up remains perfect. To be honest I really don't care how I look, for I know my husband always has his eyes for me and only me. Even if I look like a raccoon he will still love me with his whole heart.

***
It was finally time for Edna's dream to come true...Mr. Edwards, her adoptive father walked her to the aisle and handed her hand to her boyfriend/ fiancée and very soon to be husband Jimmy. They made a cute couple and I know this man loved my best friend. For some unknown reasons he always looked out for me as well. And I am grateful for that. When I was going through the rough stage of my life after Victor's betrayal he was also there for me along with Edna. Both of them stood by my side. I still remember how difficult it was for me to convince Edna to let Victor be a part of her wedding, no matter what he was still her real brother.

I noticed Victor sitting at the last seats, our eyes met but I made sure not to hold his sight for more than mere seconds. Ethan true to his words stayed by my side the whole time. I could see he was very rigid, not really kind with people around him. Well that's how he behaves when he is completely in his protective mode towards me. I know he was worried about me having any encounter with Victor. But sometimes we tend to forget that what is meant to happen cannot be stopped.

I was not aware that Victor was trying to talk to me the whole evening, but finally when I went to use the ladies room he trapped me the moment I came out. He held my hands and dragged me to a corner which made me furious. I was about to shout after he didn't let me go when he literally got on his knees with his head bowed. I was taken aback by his sudden action. I didn't understand what he was trying to do...

"Stop this non sense and let me go before my husband kills you for mistreating me again." I saw his shoulders shudder as he sobbed...

"Please forgive me Bella...I am sorry for all that I have done...I have learnt my lesson...please...these past few months have been hell on earth for me. Mr. Ethan has actually made my life miserable, I am absolutely bankrupt with no job and with no one ready to hire me...please Bella talk to him...ask him to forgive me and let me have a job at least. I know he loves you a lot and will surely listen to you...please..." I didn't know how to react at his confession, he seemed truly sorry for once but should I talk to Ethan to let go the matter....

"You loved me once Bella...please for that love forgive me and let me have my new beginning...I deserve it, I have suffered enough already...it's unfair that you got everything while I get nothing but pain..." now this was something which made me infuriated...

"Are you for real Victor? Why do your words sound fuller of anger than regret? Go rot in hell for all I care..." with that I pushed him and started walking away. I can't believe he said that, he was nothing but a sick person and after so much he still thinks only about himself. Once again I felt disgusted with myself for falling for such a low life...

"That's what is happening...I am rotting in hell because of that ugly husband of yours..." I heard him spit his words laced with venom.

"The man you call ugly is my husband and I love him more than my life...he showed me what true love is all about. He gave me hope and made me feel loved and appreciated. All that I once craved from you because I was a fool to think that I loved you and a bigger fool to think that you loved me back...you betrayed me and he only loved me...he has a beautiful heart which makes him even more beautiful in my eyes. You are the ugly one here... " Not giving him chance to say anymore I turned around to walk away, not because I was scared of him but because I could not stand his presence any more.

But then I bumped into my husband dear, I knew he would come looking for me. He looked at me and then glared at the man behind me, I wonder how much he heard but suddenly I felt all the energy drain out of my body and before I could make out what was happening my vision blurred and everything went black. The last thing I heard was my husband's distant voice calling my name...