Chapter- 30(Part-1) What's Going On?

Arabella

I don't know for how long I was out. But I definitely didn't expect to be greeted by both of my best friends in what seemed to be is my own bedroom. I was in a pair of my Pjs but Edna was in her reception dress and Lillian seemed to be in her office attire. Now I really want to know how much time has passed and so I clear my throat and that was enough to get my friends' attention. Edna was sitting on the recliner at the corner of my room while Lillian was pacing. But the moment they heard me both of them all but dashed towards me and sighed in relief...

"You got us all so worried girl..." Edna started with concern in her voice. Both of them hugged me one by one, but I wanted to know about my husband...where is he?

"What time is it and where is Ethan? Why are you here in your reception dress Edna???" I wanted to question Lillian as well but she asked me to calm down while Edna answered my questions very patiently...

"It's almost midnight...Ethan just went out, he will be here soon..."

"But why are you in your reception dress? Don't tell me you left your own reception to be with me?" I felt awful that because of me Edna's reception dinner got ruined...

"Nothing is more important than my best friend..." she caressed my cheek with so much love that it made me cry...

"Jimmy would hate me for doing this...I am so sorry I never wanted any such thing to happen" immediately I was wrapped in Edna's warm embrace and she kissed the crown of my head telling me again and again that I ruined nothing and that Jimmy is not mad at all. Once she let me go I wiped my tears and again asked about Ethan...and this time Lillian spoke up...

"Don't worry he will be back soon...man I have never seen Boss so livid before..." what was she talking about? Edna glared at her which made her bite her tongue and apologize.

"Will anyone tell me what is going on?" Just then we heard a knock at the door and Jimmy entered...he was in his reception suit. I recognized it because I was with him when he bought this one. I guess he attended his reception alone without his wife just so that she could be with me. But why was she here I still didn't understand. I have an idea that I had fainted after that bitter conversation with Victor but then again what are all these people doing here and where is Ethan?

"Hey...the sleeping beauty woke up..." Jimmy said softly and winked at me...

"Feeling better??" I didn't know how to react so I just nodded. He was calm, it didn't seem that I just ruined his reception party. Jimmy turned towards Edna and hugged her tightly once she got up. He whispered something in her ear and she smiled at him tenderly while I could hear a faint I am fine love.

Jimmy informed us that Ethan will be here in the next 5-7 minutes and so I convinced both him and Edna to go home. It's their wedding night for god's sake...I was already so guilty that because of me their reception got ruined, at least they should have their first night together as man and wife peacefully. They agreed and left but I still don't have any answers to what exactly happened after I fainted, except for the fact that my husband dear got furious and my dear best friend missed her own wedding reception.

I knew that Lillian will spill everything once I got to be alone with her. Hence the moment Edna and jimmy walked out I asked Lillian to tell me everything...

"Bella I have never seen Mr. Ethan so angry ever. He got more pissed off when he came to know about your condi..." Lillian couldn't even complete her sentence when the door swung open and in walked Ethan, looking ready to pounce on Lillian. I guess he didn't want her to tell me whatever happened. But I wonder why? He gave Lillian a long pointed looking before asking her to leave and that she can visit me later.

He didn't even look at me and I don't know why but this was getting on my nerves. The moment Lillian was out and closed the door behind her, in three long strides Ethan was standing right in front of me. Finally he was looking straight in my eyes and I felt vulnerable for no reason.

"Ethan..." he raised his hand and cut me off saying...

"When were you planning to tell me?" I didn't exactly understand what was he asking me about and so I asked him and his reply made me feel bad and I almost felt like a villain right now.

"Ari...I should have been the first person to know about our pregnancy...do you realize how I felt when Victor told me that." What the hell was he talking about? And how in the world did Victor know about my pregnancy?