Chapter-30 (Part-2)

Ethan

Holding my unconscious wife in my arms was enough for me but knowing that ba*tar* was somewhere responsible for her condition made me see red. And when I held Ari trying to bring her back to consciousness by patting on her cheeks Victor spoke, his voice full of arrogance and I could see that smug look on his face...

"She is pregnant...take her to a doctor..." I looked at him in shock. Though I hated myself for losing control over my emotions and giving this prick the reaction he wanted to get. Seeing me shocked even if it was for mere seconds he got his cue to continue...

"Shocked?? Well she didn't want to tell you...you see which woman won't think twice before having a kid with an ugly man like you..." that was the part where I knew that he is making up. Even if the whole world would tell me something such I won't believe. I knew my wife...I knew what kind of a person she is...but right now I wanted nothing more but to take her home and get a check- up done. Without giving Victor another glance I just picked Ari and started walking in the direction of the exit.

Victor wanted more drama and so he followed me and when we were around the other guests he all but shouted...

"You can still let her come back to me...it's not late and I know she will come to me happily...otherwise why she would tell me and not you about her pregnancy..." Edna had already rushed towards me once she noticed Ari unconscious in my arms. She gasped loudly at listening to her sick brother's words. I didn't have to do much as she walked to Victor and slapped him hard across his face. He was shocked would be an understatement, I guess he never saw that coming. I told Edna that I am taking Ari but she insisted on coming with me. I tried to stop her since she had to get ready for her reception party in a while but she did not budge. Jimmy supported her decision and assured that he will take care of everything.
I didn't have time to argue or to make them think about their decision and just got in my car after placing Ari at the back seat where Edna sat with her.

"Bella would never do such a thing, please don't believe in whatever Victor said." I smiled at her words...

"You don't need to tell me that Edna. Though I appreciate your concern for Ari, I trust her with my life. Victor's words didn't affect me." After that there was silence in the car, I made a call to Dr. Paul and asked him to reach home ASAP.

Thankfully Dr. Paul reached at our place around ten minutes after I reached. Mrs. Linda was fussing over Ari's health and once the check- up was done she rushed to get some soup ready for Ari which she can have once she gained her consciousness.

Dr. Paul confirmed about our pregnancy and told me that Ari had already booked an appointment with him for tomorrow morning. I thanked him and then convinced Edna to go so that she can be at her reception on time. I asked my driver to drive her back. She was in deep thought the whole time and just before leaving as if a bulb lighted she spoke...

"Now I am sure that Victor overheard my conversation with Bella yesterday. She was not sure till then and said that she will inform me after she took the test...Victor walked in right after my call with Bella though he acted very casual but now I am sure he eavesdropped." I just nodded and then she went.

I had to take care of Victor but before taking any drastic step I need to know what was he doing with Ari. I can know about this only when she wakes up. Dr. Paul gave Ari an injection and said that she would wake up in a couple hours, I can't leave her alone nor can I let Victor roam freely.

I know Mrs. Linda will look after Ari so I decided to get a hold of Victor and knock some sense in that man. But before I left Miss Lillian had come to stay with Ari. She didn't give me an opportunity to question her sudden arrival as she told me that Edna called her and asked her to be with Ari till she can be back. I was happy to see that my girl has such caring friends. Without wasting any more time I left.

I was even more furious since I couldn't trace Victor. I called up Mrs. Linda and told her that I will be home within the next ten minutes. When I reached back I met Jimmy and Edna at the main gate, they were leaving; Edna told me that Ari woke up and that Lillian was still with her. Edna stayed at her reception party for merely an hour and came back to Ari.

Since Mrs. Linda had informed Jimmy about my arrival they were ready to leave. Not waiting any more I marched to our bedroom and opened the door, Lillian was about to fill in Ari about all that happened. Well...yes I overheard her telling about my livid form. Giving her a pointed look I thanked her for staying with Ari and she left.

Arabella

Ari...I should have been the first person to know about our pregnancy...do you realize how I felt when Victor told me that. It took me a couple of seconds to register what Ethan said...

"What are you saying Eth? Why would I tell him and not you? After all that we have been through you still don't believe in my love for you..." I whispered the last part and silent tears fell off my eyes. Though I didn't want to cry in fact I wanted to fight with Ethan for being so irrational and not trusting me. My chain of thought was interrupted when Ethan sat on the bed beside me and held my hands firmly...

"When did I say you told him? Yes, I came to know about this from him first and then it was confirmed by our doctor..." I raised my head to look into his eyes and he didn't seem very happy...Ethan sighed heavily and took hold of my face, kissed my forehead and muttered...

"Stop overthinking...I won't lie and say that I was not upset about not knowing the most amazing news of my life, on top of it getting that very news from the man I hate the most....why didn't you tell me Ari?" I hugged him tightly and told him that I came to know recently and was planning to tell him after Edna's wedding. After listening to me he seemed relieved. But I was not relieved yet, I still don't know what happened when I was unconscious, on top of it now I also want to know how come Victor knew about my pregnancy? Is he stalking me or something? What does he want? I was still in my husband's embrace and decided to ask him straight away instead of thinking anymore...

"What in the world actually happened after I fainted Eth? Why was Edna here and not at her reception and how the hell did Victor come to know about my pregnancy??"

"First of all it's OUR PREGNANCY and not yours alone..." Ethan kissed my lips softly and then continued...

"Secondly don't stress yourself...I will tell you everything but you have to promise me not to overthink about this whole scenario, everything is under control now." I just nodded...with another kiss on my nose Ethan narrated the whole incident...he even asked me about my interaction with Victor and I didn't hide anything from him.