Chapter 25: Relationship Talk

"Hey, Rainbow Dash? Can I talk to you for a minute?" Fluttershy asked quietly, gesturing for her to come over.

It was half past noon at Alex's apartment. Alex was out on his walk, and Twilight was in the shower, leaving just the two of them alone for an apparently private conversation. Rainbow Dash made her way over to Fluttershy.

"What's up, Fluttershy?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Um," Fluttershy took another subtle glance around before speaking up again. "So, you know how Evan is coming over soon?" She asked carefully. Rainbow Dash nodded slowly.

"Yeah...?"

"Um, well...lately, I've been having these...feelings about Evan. And, I don't really understand it, because we've only talked so much, you know?" Fluttershy began to explain her inner confusion.

"Mhmm? Fluttershy...are you saying that you...like Evan? Like, like like?" Rainbow Dash asked quietly, nearly whispering to her.

"I think so... I don't know what else to call it." Fluttershy admitted.

"Uhh, well that's great! I really don't know a lot about this kind of stuff though," Rainbow Dash admitted with a chuckle. "Maybe you should ask Rarity about it." She suggested.

"I probably will when I see her... Have you really never had this feeling before?" She asked. Rainbow Dash shrugged and shook her head.

"Never really thought about it, I guess. That kind of stuff is so ridiculous to try and figure out anyways. Ponies used to ask me about that with Soarin' a little bit just 'cause we're comfortable around each other. I honestly have never thought about it." Rainbow Dash repeated it.

"What about...Alex?" Fluttershy asked. Rainbow Dash's head turned slightly away from her.

"What about Alex?"

"Well, you know, you two have a lot in common. And you seem comfortable with him too. Rarity even figured a little bit-"

"What, me and Alex? No, no, he's cool and all, but...but..."

"But...what?"

"I-I don't know. I...never thought about it?" Rainbow Dash answered slowly, with less certainty than she had before. Fluttershy giggled a bit.

"Maybe you need to talk to Rarity too, Rainbow Dash."

The door opened, and in Alex came with Evan right behind him. They smiled.

"Hello, ladies." Evan greeted them with a chuckle.

"Evan! It's good to see you again!" Fluttershy said, getting up and hugging him. Evan hugged her back with a chuckle.

"Mhmm," Alex hummed with a chuckle. "Go on a date already." He said in a teasing manner.

"Shut up man." Evan chuckled.

"How are you?" Fluttershy asked with a giggle.

"Oh, you know, alive."

"Unfortunately." Alex chuckled.

"It's been an extra tough week, but I'm off the next few days, which I'm happy about. So it's my turn to stop by today." Evan said.

"We're happy to see you again." Fluttershy said.

"Yeah man, glad you finally showed up." Rainbow Dash said.

Twilight came out of the shower, adjusting the back of her hair as she came out. She glanced over, and saw that there was company.

"Oh! Hello there. You must be Alex's friend. I'm Twilight." She introduced herself, making her way over and shaking hands with Evan.

"Woahhh, their friends finally showed up? Does that mean they're heading home soon? Why didn't you say something man?!" Evan asked.