BONUS CHAPTER

Up There In The Clouds    

Tanya's POV:-   

"Oops, sorry," I mumbled, drifting aside to make way for a bulky soul who passed me with a whoosh. Nevertheless, he didn't even care to acknowledge me.

It's not new in here, to be honest. I, being a clumsy soul, end up blocking at least five soul's way in a day. I even walked straight through Thanatos once which is considered as bad as tripping someone over among souls. Ugh, can't I be careful for just once?

I looked about the cloud laden place. Some officials were busy executing the process of transporting the souls from the mortal realm to here. By mortal realm I mean to say earth. Things need to be managed smoothly so that a soul, after leaving the body post-death, can easily reach the Clouds.

Sighing, I realized how out of place I was in here. My clumsiness doesn't exactly count as a positive factor. That's why Thanatos and the rest don't ever let me manage the soul-traffic. All I know is that five minutes into the job and I'll cause a catastrophe.

"Feeling lost?" A voice spoke next to me.

"Nah," I whispered and shook my head with a smile at the sight of her.

Of all the souls in here, Lekha had ended up as the best companion. While most of the souls would ignore me and go about their work, Lekha actually showed interest in knowing me. Although she knew my life history already considering how she can easily scan through my details in the 'Documents About the Demised', Lekha used to say that all of that is just the materialistic information. She said she wanted to know who Tanya Rathore was.

Lekha seemed to be in her twenties with ebony dark hair brushed away and tucked behind her ears. She had jet black eyes which always held a sparkle which no other soul in here seemed to have. She was dressed in a beautiful maroon saree which accentuated her bronze skin. One thing about Lekha always set me curious about her past- her hands which were washed red as if with blood. I often thought of asking her but never mustered enough courage to do so.

"Where are your thoughts, Rathore?" Lekha asked, snapping me out of my musing.

Smiling a small smile at her, I drifted past her, through the clouds. Moving away from the Demise Section of Management, I drifted into the secluded clouds where no soul usually wandered. It was a peaceful little place where I'd settle down and wonder about... everything.

The last scraps of my mortal memory were of me trying in vain to escape out of an unending darkness which drew me in despite the multiple attempts by the doctors to save me. I don't even know what I was feeling in those last moments and it's not what I even think about anyway. What I do think about are the people whom I left back without a proper farewell. Thank heavens that a soul can't shed tears; for if I could, the Clouds would be raining down every day.

"You seem gloomier than usual;" Lekha's voice reached my ears again, "What happened?"

I looked up at her. Though she was a soul from two hundred years back, I could still relate to her words. We seem to connect at some level and she understands me better than anyone in here. That's maybe because we both find it interesting to write and express our thoughts through the spell of words.

"It's nothing, really," I denied weakly. Seriously Tanya, you need to learn how to lie.

"Does the tenth of December have something to do with your mood?" She asked, settling down beside me like a feather.

I felt my throat constrict, if that's even possible for souls, and shook my head weakly. Yes, Lekha was right in her observation. I had turned remorseful and quite the moment I realized it was tenth of December today. It's Aarav and Kajal's wedding today. I would've never known of this huge news had it not been a close aunt of mine who passed away two days back. Bumping into me up here, she told me about the whole thing and that's when I realized that it's been over seven years since I died. Seven years since I left a void in everyone's life.