Chapter 3

Unlike other mystical creatures out there that have a beginning to their tragedy, the vampires remember their first bite that transitioned them, the were wolves have that age where they begin noticing differences occurring to their bodies and the shape shifters. Under the supernatural realm, the Wycres topped the list as most powerful for centuries, comparing them to other creatures was a form of insult to Kaine. But by the way events were turning out in recent times, he was no different from them vampires that took human lives in search to quench their thirst that was like a black hole, it had no stop. It would run to infinity

#

Back to Kaine's home town, the town was just as usual only that if you looked a bit more closely, you would notice a vampire here and there doing nothing but keeping tabs on the area as if it was enemy territory.
The guild premises of the supernatural occupied a huge land. The architecture was amazing, something to ogle at. Ancient design were used to build the area. All Wycre symbols that were once in view were now replaced by the vampire symbol. All sorts of creatures that serve at the guild could be seen loiter around. The town was divided into divisions of all the creatures. The Wycres, vampires, witches, werewolves and the shape shifters and lastly all the other minor creatures that served the powerful ones. This town was invisible to some humans.
Inside the guild, a lady wearing a  long dress appears before the guild counsel.

'We have news from our source.' the lady's shrill voice fills the area.

'Speak.' Colton, the head of the vampires and the guild now voices.

'We have news about subject one's location, everything is in place as planned.' she says.

'Dismissed.' Colton says as the lady makes her way out of the room. 'We should work faster, I want news about other subjects too.'He continues before standing up and leaving.

#

Kaine had offered Linnet to help out with the grocery shopping. He made his way to the centre, he had decided to do extra things to keep his mind off the hunger gnawing at him from within. He had spent eight days without feeding of anyone's soil which depleted his aura but he had decided to keep it low since the last incident that happened.

'....yes, give me more of the lettuce and the mushroom powder...ummm..... plus the potatoes.' Kaine reads off the list he was handed by Linnet that afternoon.

'Thanks' the lady at the stall smiles as him as she offers him his grocery.

Kaine exists the market hall, he passes by a group of Christian crusaders who are gathered outside the the hall. He over hears about a decision of keeping an eye on all new people in town which explains the weird looks his getting from people. That's when he knew he had to look for plan B since keeping on the low was not working in his favour.

#

'Hey, look who is back' Linnet sings at the sight of Kaine enter the inn. There were counted people inside compared  to usual.

'OMG Kaine are you fine.' Linnet rushes over to his side taking the grocery from his hands.

'Its nothing, am just going to take a nap and I will wake up kicking.' he said trying to make light of the situation and tried to force a laugh which ended into a grimace earning him a disapproving look from Linnet.

'Am calling a doctor, you look pale like something I don't want to say, and not to mention your lips are cracked.' she said heading for the home phone.

'No don't bother.' he said rushing to stop her. He already had enough on his plate he didn't want a doctor poking in his business.

'Kaineee....!' Linnet warned.

'I will help nurse him, I that okay' Delilah's voice interrupted their staring contest.

'Yea.. Yea that's ..okay.' he stutters. Atleast he would get rid of her easily.

'Okay... If you insist, I will prepare you some broth.'Linnet  said heading for the kitchen with the bag full of groceries. Delilah escorted him up stairs and helped him apply a cold press to keep his fever at bay