Chapter 9

It has been a week since Kaine's capture.
'I know am superhuman but my on this stone cold floor is getting numb, I could use a comfy cushion.' Kaine told the guard who brought him food. The poor guy gave him a wary look and left as fast as he came. He sighed as he looked at his meal, hr had realised that his meals were being drugged for lack of a better word, bewitched. For the past week, he had been frequenting Gwen's chambers on a daily basis. Cuts were made on Hus body to obtain blood. An ear piercing sound draws him from his thoughts as Gwen in her usual hideous gowns rails her sharp nails on the cell bars.

'Think of the devil and it appears.' Kaine mumbles with distaste evident frown n his face. With a eave if her hand, the bars open.
'Follow me or I will make you.' she spit.

#

Kaine had crammed this chamber like the back of his hands. He had tried finding an escape route but in vain. A loud thundering ring pierced through the rooms of the guild

'What on earth? " Kaine clapped his hands on his ears. Gwen turned from mixing her concoction A sly smile formed on her mouth, abandoning her work, she held her skirts and headed for the door perplexed.

#

The main guild chambers were filled to the brim. All rose when Colton made an entrance. When all was settled, the doors opened revealing two vampires holding a man end the dull blonde hair. He wore a grey shirt with black tracks

'Patrick Dokovic.' Colton's slippery voice came through. The man at the center of the huge room snickered.

'Another Wycre in our midst yet again.' he continued.'we no longer have to read your crimes since it was declared long that being a Wycre was crime itself.' Colton said raising from his adorned chair.

'You will regret this' Patrick's voice was full of hatred.

'Take him away.' Patrick was grabbed by cold arms from both sides and led away. When they reached the entrance, he stopped and stared at the lady standing at the entrance, her eyes held so much hate that her left lip twitched up in disdain. As he was being led to the dungeons, hr surveyed the premises and he noticed a familiar face in a certain room. He then reached the creepy basement and was thrown into one of the cells.

#

'What do you think you are doing!' Gwen backed as soon as she was back to her chambers. Kaine started with a jump as though he was a kid caught stealing candy.

'Nothing, I was just bored so I decided to look around.' he defended keeping a distance between himself and the furious witch.

'Anyway, it's not like there is anything you can do to my pot.' she smiled heading straight to her altar.

'And it's not like there is anything you can do to me.' Kaine provoked.

'We shall see about that.' Gwen turned with a sky smile plastered to her face.

#

This is the fortieth house he had raided since he had gone rogue. Not that he was proud of it, as a matter of fact, hr was neither proud nor ashamed of it. He walked on the dry ground, the dry leaves beneath making rustling sounds as he moved. His dark eyes scanned his next prey's house, his eyes sharp and cooperative as that of an eagles never fail him. He made his way for his next conquest after confirming they were home. Running his body transformed into that if a raven. A bird to him was the best disguise, he would feed without anyone getting hyper aware of his presence. He flew and landed on the window sill the open window. He momentarily watched as the Family gathered for dinner. Their toddler son ran around the table with a paper plane while the man of the house sat reading a copy of the news daily as the lady set the table. He then focused his energy on a single member of the family and drew out their innermost energy, thus reduced the power that kept them alive, but he didn't care. That's his the world works, the strong ones prey on the weaker ones. A bout of coughing left the boy as he stopped running and sat on the floor.

'Honey, are you okay?' the lady ran to her child. With this, Dre decided that history was not going to repeat itself as he tried to fly away. As he flew, he felt a smouldering ache within and he knew that feeling so well. It was a feeling of alertness when family was in danger.