Chapter 15

I can’t stop myself from smiling. Smiling with a sound. Isn’t that laughing? But I’m not laughing. I’m just smiling. Because I’m happy. Not just happy but..if there’s such thing more than happiness..then that’s it. Like I’m in cloud nine! HEAVEN!

I entered the hotel which I’ve entered like a hundred times. But today..tonight..it feels different. Like all things are brighter than they seem. I walked like I own the path. Who cares! I’m as happy as fck! I entered the elevator, pressed 7 for 7th floor where our room is, then smiled at people beside me. They smiled back. Which made me feel even happier.

I guess I’m the happiest person in the whole wide world at this very moment.

I knocked at the door and it immediately burst open. It was Shima.

From the look in her eyes, I knew I had to spill everything out and explain what happened. She looked..stressed.

“Of course I was stressed out looking for you! What the hell Jean! Where the hell have you been huh? You said you’d be here in an hour. IT’S PAST 10 PM FOR YOUR INFORMATION. Ottoke!”

When Shima’s like this, I usually keep quiet and keep a straight face..but now, I just can’t.

“Jean! Seriously??? You can still smile like that? I’ve been so worried you’re not even answering my calls! You even..did you turn off your phone?! And can you please stop smiling like an idiot! Oh my gahd Jean!”

I wanted to say sorry but I really just can’t help but smile. Not because she looked really stressed but because..I am just happy.

“Shima. Stay calm. Can you let me enter the room now?” I said, still smiling. She let me in. I went straight in front of the mirror, pinched my cheeks, slapped my face enough to wake me up in case this is just a dream.

“Gahd. What are you doing? Seriously. Spill it out.” She closed the doors and sat on her bed. I sat on mine, still smiling. “Urgh! Stop smiling!”

“I can’t help it!” I replied then shrugged.

“So????” She’s waiting. Waiting for me to tell her everything. And waiting for her turn to tell me what she did to find me.

“Hmm..where do I start?”

“Ugh. Start from the beginning.” She can’t wait now.

“Okay so  this is what happened….”

I told her that I was really going home already when I saw Sehun at the Bubble Tea Shop. I told her what I did. I told her what I told him. I told her about what he told me, what the manager told me. I told her how I felt at that time.

“And you managed to smile like that?!?!?! Oh that bish! He’s in trouble! Don’t let me see his face. I’m gonna crash him into pieces!” She said, jaw tightened and hands curled into a ball. “But why the hell are you smiling like an idiot huh?!”