Chapter 7

(Another long chapter!)

Dewey walked up to the large crate inside The Sunchaser and quickly knocked on the door, doing their secret knock. Louie opened the door for him, and Dewey walked inside, hoping no one outside had seen him enter the crate. The adults absolutely couldn't find out what they were doing.

"I sweet-talked Quackfaster down at Scrooge's secret archives. That lady is nuts!" Louie explained. "And I got her to give us this."

Louie signaled towards a crate the was in the center of the room. On the crate was some shredded-up paper and tape. Webby was sitting by it and looking through the papers, trying to fit them together like a puzzle.

"OK. So, what do we got?" Dewey asked them.

"The documents shredded on the week we were born. According to the note we found in castle McDuck, that date is connected to-" Louie started.

"The Spear of Selene! The mysterious unknown thing your mom took from Scrooge!" Webby finished.

"Uh...yeah...about castle McDuck... I'm sorry again for not telling you that me and Webby were figuring stuff out about our mom until then..." Dewey said awkwardly.

"It's OK!" Louie responded. "Now, come on! Let's help Webby with the pictures!"

With that, Dewey and Louie started looking through the pieces along with Webby and soon, they were able to finish one picture. The picture showed their Uncle Scrooge standing in front of a rocket ship. However, they weren't able to finish the other picture, one of the pieces was missing.

"Where's the last piece!? It's gotta be here somewhere!" Dewey yelled.

The three then started to look around for the piece.

"There!" Webby suddenly shouted, pointing towards one of the walls.

"A-ha! Nothing can stop us-" Dewey started.

"Get the thing!" Webby shouted.

"Stop milking the moment!" Louie shouted at the same time.

Dewey stopped talking and tried to grab the piece, but before he could, the plane tilted, and the piece went flying out of the crate.

"Where'd it go?" Dewey asked nervously.

He then noticed that the door had been opened a bit, so he opened it completely in hopes he would be able to see the piece out there.

However, all he saw was Launchpad and Mrs. Beakley.

"What just happened? Where are the children?" Mrs. Beakley asked.

"Guys! We can't let them find out what we're doing!" Dewey told the other two.

Louie and Webby quickly hid everything and they all walked out of the crate, whistling.

"Are you children alright?" Mrs. Beakley asked, relieved she had found them.

"Inconspicuous whistling! Just a casual whistle!" Webby said.

Mrs. Beakley and Launchpad, knowing the kids were alright, then walked up to talk to Scrooge about the plane crashing.

Dewey, Louie, and Webby looked at each other and let out sighs of relief.

"That was a close one!" Louie exclaimed.

Suddenly, they heard Launchpad say something concerning.

"But if we crashed, then why are we still in the air?"

"What? We're still in the air?" Dewey thought out loud.

The three of them walked to a window to see if what Launchpad had said was true, and it was. All that could be seen out of the window was the blue of the sky and the white of the clouds.