Chapter 8

(This one is also pretty long!)

"WOOOO!" Jet shouted, raising his arms into the air happily.

It was finally happening! IT WAS FINALLY HAPPENING! Jet and Della were inside of the new rocket ship and were finally heading home. Yes, back on the moon drama did happen with the aliens, Penumbra hated Della, Jet hated Penumbra, and Della loved everyone. Della and Jet were forced to move in with Penumbra and Della interacted with the other aliens on the moon a lot while working on her ship. She told them stories about her life on earth and all the aliens had loved them and wanted to go to earth with Della. Eventually, the rocket was complete, and Della planned on finding a way to bring all of the aliens back to earth with them.

However, one morning, Della and Jet were awoken by Penumbra, who was by the Spear of Selene, which was about to launch! Penumbra explained to them that the rocket had probably malfunctioned and that they need to get home now. Della was unsure, but Lunaris explained that Della could give him the manual and that they would build rockets to go to earth in themselves. Della did and now they were heading home in the rocket.

Della still looked a little guilty about everything that had happened, but Jet was just excited, more excited than he had ever been in his whole entire life! Not only was he going to see earth and all its beauty that his mother had talked about, but he was finally going to meet his family! HE WAS GOING TO MEET HIS BROTHERS! Jet could barely sit still in his seat from excitement and it took everything in him to not scream for joy. Jet was usually a pretty quiet and calm kid, unless he was talking about nerd things like the nerd he was, but he figured he had a very good reason to freak out right now.

He looked over at his mother, who didn't look nearly as excited as he was.

"Mom, Lunaris has the manual, they can all build ships and come to earth still! Don't worry about that now!" Jet told her.

Della sighed, "I suppose..."

"Come on mom! WE'RE GOING TO EARTH!" He squealed.

"Sorry... that was loud..." He added.

Della smiled. "Someone's excited." She told him.

***

Eventually, they landed, and Jet couldn't believe his eyes. EARTH WAS BEAUTIFUL! The sky was a beautiful red, orange, sunrise color and all around them there were all sorts of different trees, all with their own unique shade of green and look.

"IT'S. SO. PRETTY!" Jet yelled.

Della laughed. "You think this is pretty? Wait until you see a waterfall, or a rainbow, or the view from the top of a mountain!"

Della then opened the rocket, letting all the oxygen pour in.

"And guess what else!?" Della yelled as they both climbed out.

"NO MORE OXY-CHEW!" Della shouted as she took the gum out of her mouth and threw it into the forest.

"I don't think that's very good for the environment, mom!" Jet responded anxiously.

"We have an excuse, don't we?" Della responded, taking in a deep breath.

Jet smiled a bit and took his own piece of Oxy-Chew out of his mouth and threw it into the woods.

That's when he noticed the gravity, he felt a lot heavier and his head started to hurt.

"OK! So, this is what gravity feels like..." He announced.