Chapter 11

"Jet?" He heard a female voice say.

He looked at the person to see it was Webby.

"Oh, sorry Webby..." He said sheepishly.

"It's fine! What are you doing? It's like midnight!"

"Just getting some water..." Jet responded. "Wait. What are you doing?"

"I heard a noise out here..." Webby answered.

"You heard it too?" Jet asked.

"Um... yeah?"

Jet sighed, "OK, so I'm not completely crazy!"

"Huh?" Webby asked.

"I woke up because of the noise, thinking it was this creature that kept on tormenting me and my mom on the moon. But my brothers got mad at me and thought I was crazy..." Jet explained.

"Ah! The classic 'people thinking you're crazy' situation!" Webby said. "Been there done that!"

"What?" Jet asked. "'Been there done that!' What do you mean?"

"Oh! I've lived basically my whole life inside this mansion, sheltered from the world and what it's like. People tend to think I'm weird a lot." Webby explained, shrugging.

"People think you're weird?" Jet asked.

"...Yeah..." Webby responded, now seeming a bit sad.

"Can we talk?" Jet asked her.

He had finally found someone who can relate to what he was going through and he wanted to be able to talk about his problems with her.

Webby nodded and they walked to her room.

"So, what do you wanna talk about?" Webby asked.

"Well...ugh! I feel like such a fish out of water! Everyone knows what's going on and how everything works! While I've been up in space forever, and now I feel so out of place and weird around them!" Jet explained.

"Yeah, I 100% know how you feel! Like I said, I've grown up inside of this mansion! Everyone around me knows how the world works while I'm still learning!" Webby responded.

"And it's not just that...I..." Jet sighed, "I'm jealous!"

"Of who?"

"Basically everyone! My brothers are so close to each other and I wish I could be as close to them as they are to each other! And all my life I've wanted to meet them, but they only found out about me recently, so they keep on paying so much attention to my mom instead of me! Not to mention my mom is paying so much attention to them! On the moon, it was just me and my mom, now they're involved, and I don't know what it's like for my mom to pay attention to someone other than me!" Jet took a deep breath.

"I know it's a lot and I know it sounds selfish, but that's what I'm going through!" Jet finished.

Webby looked at him.

"Yeah... Dewey and Louie are definitely close, huh?" She finally said.

Jet just sighed.

"Ha. I know it sounds strange, but I know how that feels too! Us three hang out a lot, but I've been a third wheel more than once!" Webby responded.

Jet smiled at Webby gratefully, when suddenly, they heard the noise again.

"Did you hear that!?" Webby asked, getting ready to attack.

"Yep!" Jet responded, also preparing himself for a fight.

"Let's follow it!" Webby told Jet, who nodded.

They followed the noise all the way to a room.

"Wait. This is the room where my mom is staying!" Jet announced.

"I hope she's OK!" Webby responded.

"Prepare for anything!" Jet told Webby.

"Already prepared!" She responded. "Oh, yeah, my granny teaches me ways to defend myself! I know quite a few fighting moves!"

Jet smiled, "Not to brag or anything, but I know a lot of fighting moves also!"

With that, Webby opened the door.