Chapter 14: Chakra Training

(Attached pic is team 7 doing their chakra training)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Now that they knew Zabuza was alive, Kakashi decided that he wanted his students to train. He decided to have them learn to focus chakra into their feet, which would allow them to climb things, such as trees without the use of their hands. This exercise would teach them how to control their chakra better. After Sakura had to explain to Naruto what chakra is, he spoke.

     "Oh!" He exclaimed, turning to Yuri. "Is that what you did on the Hokage monument when we were still in the academy?" He asked.

     "Hai. It took me about a month to master it."

     "Whaaaaat?!?"  Naruto yelled, his eyes going white. "We only have a few days! Not a whole month!" Yuri smiled.

     "You should remember Naruto-kun, that I had home training before I even entered the academy, and I was much younger when I learned some stuff. I was six when I learned to do this." She said. Yuri then ran up the nearest tree by concentrating her chakra into her feet. She stopped and stood on the lowest branch, and looked at Sakura. "You, Sakura-chan have excellent chakra control from what I have observed. I think you will get the hang of this rather quickly." She smiled. "Sasuke and Naruto's chakra control is not nearly as good as yours. No offence intended to them." Sasuke showed indifference while Naruto pouted, and Sakura smiled at the praise.

     "Arigato, Yuri-san!" Sakura glowed.

     "So how are we supposed to do this anyways? How do we climb trees by concentrating our chakra into our feet?" Sasuke asked. Yuri  looked at Kakashi.

     "May I teach them Sensei?" She asked. "You should rest anyways. We don't know when Zabuza will have recovered."

     "True enough." Kakashi nodded. "Teach them then. I'll go back to Tazuna's house. See you guys at dinner!" Kakashi said cheerfully, turning and walking away. Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke turned expectantly. She jumped down from the tree.

     "The only hard part is figuring out exactly how to get the chakra to your feet and how to keep it there." She said. "You don't need much chakra to climb a tree, but the amount has to be exact. It's also said that your feet is the hardest place to gather your chakra. So one you have this down, it should be easier for you to master other justu. Theoretically that is. Another thing is that you need to develop the stamina to control chakra properly." Yuri paused for a moment and leaned against the tree she had been in, putting one foot up against it and crossing her arms over her chest. "Imagine you're in battle. You have to be constantly moving to avoid being hit in some situations, and to get into better positions to hit your enemy. Right guys?"

     "Hai." Sasuke  and Sakura choused.

     "While you are moving around, you must also be gathering your chakra for your next attack." Yuri continued. "For this reason, it is important to build up your stamina needed for proper chakra control." Yuri stood up and pulled out three kunai from her ninja pouch and threw them to in front of the three students. "You are not advanced enough in this to simply waltz up the tree, so here's what I want you to do. Get a running start to get you some momentum to get up the tree. Once you have gotten up as high as you can, mark the tree with the kunai. Then on your next try, try to set a mark even higher. Got it?"

      "Hai!" The students eagerly replied.

     "Then what are you waiting for? Pick up the kunai and start already!" Yuri teased while moving out of the way. The students picked up the kunai and concentrated their chakra, then each went racing up a tree. Yuri could not help but laugh when Naruto instantly fell down. Sasuke got higher than Naruto, but put too much chakra into his foot, and his foot crashed through the bark. Sasuke made a mark with his kunai as he jumped away, doing a back flip and landing neatly on the ground.