Part 14

"You just missed him. He left with a general about an hour ago." Natani stated.

"Oh... I see. T-thank you. Good afternoon." The fox known as Laura said and left.

That name did sound familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. "Who was that? I didn't know other Keidran were on the island." Natani announced.

"Her name did some familiar..." I mumbled and dug through my memories and remembered. Laura was Keith's ex-fiancée who cheated on him just two days before the wedding.

"Wait, that's Keith's ex-fiancée!" I declared.

"F-fiancée?!"

"Yeah. But I have no idea who she has gotten here. Seems like she's tryna get back to Keith, though."

Natani was silent after that. An hour past by and I was sitting on the seat while Flora stayed closed. She was waiting for Trace who hadn't returned after an hour and it looked like she was starting to be worried. I sighed and rested both of my arms on the table and planted my face onto them. It was silence for a moment until Flora broke that moment. "Gah! Eric, you pervert! Stop touching my tail!"

I immediately sprung my head and turned to see Flora about to slash Trace with her claws. "Flora, wait! Calm down! It's just me!" Trace pleaded.

"O-oh no! Trace, you're back! I'm sorry!" Flora said and covered her mouth with her paws as she looked shocked. "Are you alright? I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Heh, I'm fine, Flora. I guess I should have known better than to sneak up from behind and grab the tail of a tiger. Next time I might not get away so lucky!"

"Oh, don't say that, Trace! I didn't mean to."

"I know you didn't, Flora."

"So, Trace. Where were you the last hour?" I asked and stood up.

"Last hour? I didn't realize it'd been that long, I'm sorry. I was talking to the dragon about... uh... where we'll be going after we're done here. I have it marked on the map if-"

"I'm just glad you're back, Trace! It's so boring without you here." Flora said and hugged Trace while I just smiled.

"Oh, well, maybe we can go out and find something fun to do."

"Yeah, you two lovebirds go do that." I announced.

Then out of the blue, a Basitin staff of the tavern walked towards Trace and Flora. "Ehem! Do you two mind? Intimate contact is prohibited by law, and I won't have it in my tavern! And ignorance of the law is no excuse! If you feel you simply must... touch one another, you can do it in your own rooms!" The Basitin staff scolded.

"Oh you gotta be kiddin' me." I snapped. "First off you people got laws about how you dress. Then you got laws about keepin' us here at the docks and now laws against physical contact? What the fuck is up with y'all and laws?!" I shouted out of anger.

"No yelling! damn human."

"I'd beat the shit out of you, I swear to God."

"...Trace, smite him." Flora mumbled angrily.

"Wha-? Flora!"

"I know you can! Just set his pants on fire or something, come on!"

I sighed and turned my head to Trace. "Let's see where we're headin' after this fuckin' place." I said.

He nodded and whipped out a paper map and placed it at a nearby table. I looked down at the map and saw a large chunk of land on the top. On the far left side of the land, there were the Wolf lands, Dogs here, and Fox clan. On the far right side of the land where the Tigers were and most of the land was human territory. On the bottom of the map were the Basidian islands, where we are.