Part 23

AN: Hey there everyone, whoops! I disappear for more than I should've haha funni magic trick, I know. I am hilarious -_- I just wanna say that I'm sorry for disappearing and no, I'm not canceling this story as I did for my ... previous story. Just know that yes, I'm still alive and I'm working on new pages even though it looks like I dipped. So enjoy and don't forget to check out the Twokind comic if you hadn't already

"Everyone okay down there?" Reni asked from above.

"Yeah! We're good." I responded.

"Stick together, get to a safe location, and stay down. I must go check on the grounds and the dungeons!"

"Reni, you're hurt! And exhausted! You should rest yourself!" Raine advised.

"Afterwards! For now, I must fulfill my duties! I'll be fine. I am a dragon."

I squeezed the mag release button on my rifle and seized the magazine before it fell to the ground. I glared at the top of the magazine and still noticed 5.56 rounds inside. The magazine was quite substantial. Meaning it was full of bullets. So, I slapped the magazine back into the mag-well and placed the dust cover back in front of the ejection port.

"I'll check the hallway, makin' sure we're clear," I stated.

I stepped over to the large hole, which led to one of the many hallways, with my rifle up. Before walking out, I first pitched to the left while peering down my sights and found no soul on the left side. With the left side clear, I leaned right to check for any hostiles and found no one.

I put a thumbs up, motioning the others that the hallways were secure, and walked out. I stayed close to the wall while beaming my rifle down the hallway as Red, Raine, Karen, Maddie, Mike, Evals, Keith, and Natani got out of the oasis room. They were about to make a mad dash down the hallway. However, I was able to cease their advance further down the hallway with a raised fist.

"Huh, why? Something's wrong?" Red questioned.

"There could be more hostiles. Natani, Keith. Get these guys to the foyer. I'll go and try to find the others."

"Got it, Marcus," Keith stated.

"Okay," Natani answered.

"Remember. Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast. Move." I ordered and marched forward through the hallway, with the rest going in the opposite direction. I treaded on light feet while moving as fast as we could. I beamed my rifle at every corner, ready to snap at any unsuspecting person in my crosshairs.

I held my rifle in a c-clamp style and slowly made my way ahead, which led straight to the right. I hugged the wall next to me as close as I could while treaded on light feet. Once I reached the corner, I switched my rifle to my left and leaned to the left to better look at our corridor to the right.

There was a wolf, handling a wooden ax on one hand or paw and a small fire on his other hand. Or paw. Compact built too, and I have never seen him meaning the wolf was hostile. Thankfully, his back was facing me, but it looked like he was looking for someone. Shivers ran down my spine as I saw blood on the floor, which led to where he was looking, behind a curtain. In a split second, I ran a list of people I knew in my head on whose blood was that. My greatest fear was that it might have been Katherin, and she could have been hurt or wounded. And to the left was a broken fence which acted as a guard rail with evidence of a small explosion. Below, I could see the main door wide open, which could only mean two things. Either some of us managed to escape, or more hostiles moved in.

"Come out! I can smell you behind that curtain. You're injured. Show yourself, and I'll make it quick." The wolf announced in Keidran. "If you run, I will catch you, and I will make it hurt. Don't force me to—"