Part 20

It was already night and Trace accepted Lynn's suggestion and so, we were in a Guard convoy of chariots. There were four chariots in total, and they had all of us separated. I was in the chariot behind the first chariot of the convoy. There was only one guard just sitting in front of me, probably on babysitting duty.

I really didn't mind having a guard babysit me if he weren't eyeing me with a nervous expression half of the time. I had no idea why was he nervous, but if I were to guess, it would probably be because of my "Reputation" around here, being called "The Man in Green."

I was minding my own business, looking outside at the town of Edinmire, when suddenly the guy in front of me cleared his throat trying to gain my attention. "Y-You're The Man in Green, aren't you?" He stated, confirming my suspicion.

"Maybe." I replied and turned my head to him. "Why'd you ask?"

"Well... I thought the stories about you were just rumors. I never believed you existed until now."

"Stories?"

"Yeah... Wait, you don't know?"

"No, not really. What kind of stories?"

"S-Stories about how you fought Keidran assassins and even B-Bastin soldiers using your iron staff. E-Everyone's scared of you, even the Templar."

"But why call me The Man in Green?"

"T-That's what people who have survived called you. They say that a man in green clothes, wielding a powerful staff was the last thing they saw before all of their friends or colleagues were killed, almost like the symbol of death."

I was honestly shocked and surprised I've gained that kind of reputation here. It was like listening to yourself on TV, I thought it was fucking awesome, to say the least.

Five minutes past and all I heard outside was the clopping of the horses outside as they pulled the chariots. When I looked outside again, I saw our destination, The estate.

The size of the estate was eye-catching. It was similar to a large castle, with the shape of the roof and with the materials used to build it. Yellowish lights pierced through the estate windows meaning someone must've been already inside. It had multiple towers with pointy roofs of all sides of the estate, with the largest tower being in the front and between two smaller towers. The entire estate was built on a concrete foundation and had a fountain near the front door, with stairs leading to the front door of the Estate. As I scanned the fountain, I spotted what appears to be a dragon next to it. The dragon looked extremely similar to the one that knocked down at wolf keidran during the attack.

The convoy arrived at the estate and near the fountain with the dragon. I opened the chariot door and hopped off the cart, with my carbine holstered. I turned to my right and saw Trace with Flora and some guard outside too and in front of the dragon so I approached them.

"Lt. Alice Reed, guard reserve, reporting!" The guard announced.

"Uh... Princess Reni. Dragon. ...At ease?" The dragon replied, without it's or her mouth moving so she was communicating telepathically.

"It's an honor, Miss Reni. How are things in the city?"

"Not... well, I'm afraid. There are still fires burning around Shepherd's Square. But the Wolfpen was their true objective. No telling yet the extent of the breach. And with wolves disguised as humans, no way to know where else they might be. It's... a mess. Anyway, I was told prisoners were being sent here. But first— you." She said and lowered her head to Trace.

"M-me?" Trace stuttered.

"Forgive the suspicion... But I must ask you to let me into your mind... ... so I may ensure you are who you claim to be." She stated and her eyes became pure white.