Party?

John's POV

When I woke up the next morning, the first thing I did was look over across the room to see if Alex was up. Much to my surprise, he wasn't.

Huh. Alexander usually wakes up before me. Maybe he stayed up late writing again. Honestly, before I met Alex, I didn't think there was such a thing as writing too much. Now I know better. Alexander is the definition of overworked.

I could hear the television running in the next room over, so I quickly pulled on some skinny jeans and a blue t-shirt with a turtle on it. I smiled at my reflection in the bathroom mirror before making my way into the living room where Jeremy and Michael were sitting.

I stopped in the doorway and grinned. "You guys watch The Simpsons?" I asked, startling them.

Jeremy nodded without breaking eye contact with the TV. Michael patted the empty spot on the couch next to him, telling me to sit down, so I did.

After an episode or two, Alex finally woke up and came into the room, rubbing his eyes.

"Close the blinds," he groaned, hiding his face in his green shirt. I laughed and closed the blinds for him.

"You know what we should do?" Michael blurted out. Everyone looked over at him expectantly.

"We should have a party, get to know each other a little more," he said.

I thought for a minute. That could be fun.

"And we can invite some of the other people on our hall," Alex added.

"So we all agree, we're having a party tonight?" Michael asked.

All four of us nodded. "Okay," he said. "Alex you get the decorations, Jeremy and I will get the food, and John can invite the guests."

It didn't take us long to get to work. Jeremy and Michael went to a nearby convenience store, Alexander stayed in the dorm room, and I left into the hallway to begin delivering the invitations.

I started at the door across from ours. A girl with reddish brown hair and blue skirt answered the door.

"Do you need something?" She asked.

I clasped my hands together and introduced myself as John Laurens.

We shook hands as she told me her name. "I'm Veronica Sawyer, pleased to meet you."

I wasn't sure what to say now so I just rubbed my hands together nervously and muttered, "Um, we're having a party tonight, would you like to come?"

She looked unsure. "How much fun will we have?"

"Big fun," I assured her.

"I'm in."

After I left Veronica, I continued down the hall. The next person I talked to was Evan, the guy I had talked to in the elevator yesterday. It took a bit of convincing, but eventually he agreed.

Next was a door that was decorated in ribbons. I was slightly surprised when a girl answered wearing a purple robe.

"Hello," I greeted her.

"Hey, I'm Vasnessa."

I asked her if she was busy tonight and she said no.

"Would you be willing to come to this party my dorm mates are throwing tonight?" I requested.

Vanessa didn't even ask any questions before she exclaimed, "Sure!"

"Do you know who else I should invite?"

She thought for a minute before saying, "You know, there is this one boy two doors down who you might wanna ask. His name is Rich."

I thanked her and was on my way to Rich's dorm.

When I knocked, I heard some loud bangs and other noises coming from behind the door. Seconds later a boy with streaks through his dark hair answered the door.

"What is it?" He asked, sounding tired. I began to regret bothering him as I said, "If you aren't busy would you like to come over tonight for a party?"

Rich nodded and thanked me before closing the door softly. As I walked away, I thought: This party is sure going to be interesting.