A Drunken Kiss

Michael's Pov

I stretched my hands up over my head and yawned as I watched Alexander argue with this other dude who's name I've already forgotten. Jeremy took another sip from his drink and then looked down to check his phone.

Since everyone else seemed to be doing something, I decided I might as well just go to the bathroom before we leave.

I stood up and pushed back my chair, causing Jeremy to glance up at me.

"Where are you going?"

"To the bathroom, I'll be right back," I promised him.

I had seen a sign for the bathroom on our way in, so I knew where to go. I carefully made way through the people, bumping into a few on the way. I was stumbling every few seconds, probably due to the fact that I've had like five drinks.

I was almost to the bathroom when I tripped over someone's shoe and almost fell. Thankfully someone caught me just in time.

"Thank you-" I started to say, until I saw the person who caught me.

"Oh hi, Rich."

None other than Rich Goranski was standing in front of me, with his hands still on my waist. He blushed and quickly let go.

'Hey Michael, fancy seeing you here," he greeted me, brushing his hair out of his face. I've noticed he does that alot. Rich has very nice hair, especially the part that he has dyed red. Red looks good on him.

"Are you here with friends or just by yourself?" the shorter boy asked me.

I shook my head.

"I'm here with a few friends," I replied.

Rich nodded. "Yeah I'm here with friends too, but they went to go get more drinks."

By now all thoughts of going to the bathroom had disappeared and all I could think about was the boy standing in front of me.

Oh right, I should probably stop staring at him now.

Rich rubbed his arm nervously as he mumbled, "I wanted to thank you again for the other day. You really didn't have to be so nice to me."

I laughed gently.

"Rich, I already told you, it's okay. Don't worry about it."

He gave me a small grateful smile and I couldn't help but smile back.

Then Rich laughed as he asked, "Michael, how drunk are you?"

I felt myself starting to sway a little bit on my feet as I answered, " Pretty drunk. Why?"

He shrugged. "I'm a little drunk. Also, you look like you're about to collapse, so let's move over to the wall. Okay?"

I nodded and Rich gently grabbed my arm and led me over to the wall. I sunk down to the floor and sat there next to him.

I yawned as my head dropped onto Rich's shoulder. For a second, I thought he was going to move, but instead he only sat there with me, letting me lean on him.

As I tried not to fall asleep, I thought all about the other boy I was leaning against. I had never really noticed Rich's lisp, but now that I had, it wasn't annoying at all, like he seemed to think. I know that Rich hates his lisp, but to be completely honest, I don't see how anyone could hate anything about him.

Rich was just...perfect. Or at least I thought so.

"Michael?" I heard him whisper, breaking my interrupting my thoughts.

"Yes?" I answered quietly.

Rich's voice shook a little as he said, " Can I try something?"

I shrugged. "Sure."

I felt Rich carefully lift my chin up so I was looking right at him. Then he slowly moved closer and pressed his lips to mine. After a few seconds of being shocked, I kissed him back.

I felt Rich wrap his arms around my neck and I pulled him closer so our bodies were pressed close together.

Just then, someone from across the room called Rich's name, causing him to quickly pull away, while I just sat there in shock of everything that had just happened.

He turned and gave a tiny embarrassed smile. "Was that okay?" he whispered.

I nodded, a small grin on my face.

"I think my friends are calling me, so I should get going," Rich told me, as he stood up. I nodded again, at a loss for words, and he offered me a hand up.

I took it and right as he turned to leave, Rich flashed me a quick grin and walked away, leaving me to go back to my roommates.