Chapter 21

21.

I don't know how many times I've dialed his number but still, he's not answering any of my calls and his phone only keeps on ringing. I don't even have any number of his friends or even from their house which I can reach out and ask how he is right now. I didn't get much sleep after we arrived from the hospital yesterday. Ang dami kong naiisip, ang daming gumugulo sa isip ko. And now, I don't even know how Kade is or what's his current situation. I just hope he is brought to the hospital and gets treated.

I decided to get out of the room but I heard some noise as I headed downstairs. Uniformed men are inside the house and they are unfamiliar faces. But I saw those uniforms before. At Laisha's birthday party, right? Those men wear the same uniform. I saw one of them talking to Marco. But where are the other three? Mike, Jaro and Lucas? Are they outside?

"Good morning, Ma'am Kaye. Breakfast na po?" Manang greeted me with a sweet smile and that caught the guys' attention. Their eyes are on me. I saw Marco looking at me from head to toe when he noticed the other guy that he's talking with is looking at me intently.

What is wrong with these people?

"Mamaya na lang tayo mag-usap." Pero parang walang narinig yung kausap niya, hindi man lang siya tiningnan. Tinapik niya ito sa braso at doon ito napalingon.

"Sige na, baka kailangan ka sa labas."

"H-Huh?... Teka may pinag---"

"Mamaya na nga, eh. Sige na." He said, obviously annoyed. Bakit biglang nagbago yung mood? Walang nagawa yung lalaki kaya umalis na lang ito at tuluyang lumabas.

"What's going on? Why are there many of them here?"

He's throwing a serious look at me then sighed."Added security from a private agency." Hindi ko talaga 'to magets minsan, ganito ba siya kafrustrated sakin at panay ang buntong hininga?

"They're the same guys in Laisha's party? I clearly remembered their uniforms."

Marco frowned at first, confused at what I'm talking about but he then understood. "Yeah."

"So you know them? Is it your idea bringing those men in Laisha's party? Why? Do you already know that I'm in danger? Do you already sense that someone might attack me? Us?"

I think I caught him off guard. He became quiet. He took a deep breath and look at me. "We can talk about this after you have your breakfast. And after you change."

"And what's the problem with what I'm wearing?"

"Ma'am, those men are gawking at you and what you're wearing is like a magnet to their eyes."

"Is it their first time seeing a girl on a nightie? I'm not wearing a see through, Marco... A woman's choice of what they want to wear is never the problem. It's always the way you guys think about it."

"I never meant to offend you. I just want to---"

"Whatever your reason is, it pisses me off. Dad is accusing Kade of being a liar and here you are, standing in front of me with a big possibility that you already knew we've been a target of those people but you just keep it to yourself. You never dare to warn us. You never want to tell us. And why is that? What's your damn reason why you have to keep it a secret?"

"I can't just tell you and your parents about something that I'm not sure about yet. Makakasira lang yun ng plano. At magca-cause ng panic. I know you've been upset with your boyfriend but you've got a wrong impression here, Ma'am." And now he sounds sarcastic with that last sentence.

"So you knew him? You're working at the same agency. NBI, right? You knew each other and just pretended that you didn't whenever I'm with you?"

Napailing siya. "You're wrong. I heard he's a high ranking agent in the Intelligence Services division and I'm from Special Investigative Services. We never crossed paths until now."