Break My Heart Again

Inspired by "Break My Heart Again" sang by FINNEAS

Crushed. Crushed is what he felt. He'd asked her out on a date after she gave him what he thought were signs that she liked him back. She rejected him. Coldly too.

"Harvey, I don't like you like that! What do you not understand about that?"

It was like salt in an open wound. He was lying in bed sobbing over the girl he'd been so infatuated with for years.

"Hey Harvey." She smiles. He smiles at his girlfriend, the girl he's been chasing after for years. "Hey lovely!" He goes for a kiss but she pulls back.

"Are you okay?" He raises an eyebrow. "I'm fine." She bluntly says. "I know that's not true." He frowns.

Her eyes appear sad while her vanilla scented perfume fills his senses with comfort.

"Harvey, I can't do this anymore... We're not right for each other.." She sighs. "(Y/n), please don't do this again.." His voice breaks. She says nothing. She just walks away... and he walks home.

He walks into the house and looks at Max. "Harvey?" Max asks. Harvey doesn't say anything he just opens his arms for a hug while tears threaten to fall down his face.

Max runs over and hugs his brother. "No, no. It's okay. Don't cry. What the hell did she do? Do I need to sick Tilly on her?"

Harvey laughs at Max's threat. Tears stream down the boy's face and he sniffles, "She loves me cause I'll let her break me twice.."

"No more, okay?" Max asks. Harvey nods and Max squeezes him a bit tighter. "You'll be okay." The boys stop hugging and Max tugs Harvey towards the sofa.

"Let's watch The Office will that cheer you up?" Max frowns. Harvey wipes his eyes and nods. "You're a good brother, Max.. Thank you."