Separted (pt 2)

I wake up and look around. I'm not on the couch with Max. In fact, I don't even see him. I'm in a bedroom. I stretch and notice I'm not in my clothes from yesterday.

I panic a bit but get out of the bed. The floor is cold against my bare feet. I walk out of the room and notice I'm on an upper floor. I rub my eyes and carefully walk down the stairs.

"Max?" I shyly call out. "Hey! You're awake!" He's already dressed in a band tee tucked into another pair of black jeans. His converse are laced up and he's ready to go.

"Uh.. Max, where are my clothes?" I scratch my neck, nervously. "In the wash. I woke you up last night and gave you some clothes, don't you remember?" He cocks an eyebrow.

"No, sorry, I just stressed and- Listen, nothing's gonna happen between us unless you're ready. I'm not an asshole like Ryan." He cuts me off. I smile and walk over to him. He wraps his arms around me.

"You look damn cute in my clothes." He laughs. I playfully slap his chest and roll my eyes, "Shut up!" "It's true!" He grins at me. "I had Jennie pick up some clothes from your house.."

"How'd my parents act?" I frown a little. "Well, they're still pissed you ran off with me but, uh, your dad... your dad told Jennie to say he's proud of us for some reason." Max's expression is a mix of confusion and shyness.

I tap his nose with my index finger, "You're cute when you're shy." I grab my clothes off the counter and go upstairs to change. "I'm changing in your room!"

"Okay! Come downstairs when you're ready to go get some food!" He hollers. I laugh a bit and look at the clothes Jennie brought for me.

I grin and decide to wear Max's shirt, a pair of jeans, and my converse. I roll Max's shirt up a bit and then tuck it. My belt lays the fabric flat against my skin so it doesn't look weird. I brush my hair and walk downstairs.

"Let's go get some food." I say as I walk towards the door. "Stop moving, hold up." Max's voice is one of pure shock. I turn towards him and he smiles.

He reaches up and removes one of the chains he's wearing. He turns me around and I lift my hair as he clips it into place. "You look good." He kisses my cheek. "Shut up, Mills." I grin.

"I'm being honest with you, now let's go." The two of us walk to a nearby cafe and he opens the door for me. "Oh, how kind." I tease. He laughs and walks in after me.

I look across the cafe and my parents. I freeze and pull Max outside, "We have to go back to your house. My.." The door opens and I stop dead in my tracks.

I turn around and see my father. His eyes are as cold as ever. We walks over and looks down at me. Max holds my hand and pulls me behind him, "Sir, listen, it's my fault she snuck out. Don't get her in trouble. I.. I just wanted to see her."

"What's with you, tough guy? You always act so hardcore and now you've gone all soft." My dad sneers. "(Y/n) has showed me that there's more to life than a reputation of being 'tough'.. I'll do whatever it takes to be with her.. Please."

My dad's facial expression softens and he looks at me. I'm cowered behind Max with my arms around his waist. "Keep her safe when it's past dark."

My dad walks away and Max turns towards me, "Did he just.." Max doesn't finish his sentence. I wrap my arms around him and smile. "Max! I can be with you! I'm allowed to be with you!"