Separated

A/n: changed Max's attitude a bit for this one.

"My parents are going to kill me if they know I'm sneaking around with you." I nervously look around the dark streets. Max's silver rings nearly freeze my fingers off.

"Come on, they won't catch us," He grins back at me, his snake bites glisten in the moonlight. "Plus, it's not my fault that your brother told them that I'm fighter at school."

"He wasn't lying though." I laugh a bit. Max chuckles and pulls me into the front door of his house. His family was out of town for the month so no one would know I was here.

"They're gonna come looking for.." My phone starts ringing and my heart nearly stops. My father. "Max, what do I do?" I holler. "I don't know! Text and say you're with a friend! Get a friend to help you out!"

I listen to him and thankfully my friend, Jennie, covers for me. Max looks at me with a frown. "I hate sneaking around." He sighs. "I really do. I wanna be seen with you."

I wrap my arms around him and he holds onto me. We break from our hug and he pulls a ring off one of his fingers. "I want you to wear this one." He smiles.

"You know, ever since you got those damned snake bites your smile got fifty times more attractive. I don't know how." I laugh as I fiddle with the newly placed ring on my finger.

I look at the chain around his neck. His loose black tee tucked into his black jeans. His scuffed up black converse. This is the idiot I fell in love with.... and my parents refuse to let me see him.

"Max, were my parents right?" I ask. My lip quivers slightly just thinking about their words. "That I'm an annoying little asshole? Yes." He smirks.

"No, I mean.. were they telling the truth when they said that you're gonna make me feel like we're in love and then.." Tears prick at my eyes but I blink them away. "No, I'm not gonna run off and leave you to wonder what you did."

I look up and him and he pulls me over to the sofa. He lays down and pulls me down on top of him. He wraps an arm around my waist and strokes my hair.

"I could never hurt you," He kisses my temple. "Yes, I have a reputation for breaking hearts but you.. You're so different. You make me happy. I love you." Those words fill me with glee.

I act on instinct and slam my lips into his. He's taken aback for a moment but in a bit of time his hand is on the back of my neck. We pull apart and he brushes hair behind my ear.

"Trust and believe me when I say this, Max." I grin. "I'm not letting you get rid of me." "Good, cause I don't ever want.."

My phone rings again. My father once more. I answer it in anger. "What?!" I sass. "I just wanted to say good night. Sorry for interrupting your sleepover with Max."

Max's eyes widen as my father says his name with fury. "Dad.." "No, no." The call ends and I lay my head down on Max's chest. "We'll be okay. I won't let them take you away from me." Max reassures.

I grip at his loose shirt and he kisses the tip of my nose. "Get some sleep, love. We'll talk in the morning." He whispers as my eyes close.