Break The Distance

A/N: when writing about british people i have to write Mum instead of Mom

"(Y/n), go to bed." I laugh at my phone sitting on my desk. My long-distance girlfriend was lying in her bed nearly passing out yet she insisted on staying awake with me.

"No, Max. I wanna stay up with you." She yawns. Her bright smile shows and I laugh a bit once more. "Go to bed, I'll be right here when you wake up. I promise." Her eyes start to close and I put my phone on the charger.

"Hey Max, do you.." Harvey walks in my bedroom but lowers his voice once he sees (Y/n) asleep on the phone. "Do you have my red supreme hoodie in here?" He asks.

"You left it in Leo's room." I shake my head. Harvey nods and leaves the room. I look at my girlfriend and frown slightly. Why couldn't she be closer? I just wanna see her.

She grabs onto her pillow as if it's a person and her lips are curved into a small smile. I yawn and take my phone over to my bed. I lay it against the headboard and fall asleep with her on the phone.

(The Next Day)

"Max!" I wake up to my mother's voice and look at my phone. The call's been ended. I pout and go downstairs. "What?" I rub my eyes. "You have a visitor." Harvey nods to the door.

I raise an eyebrow and my entire family piles out the door before I can. When I step out I nearly cry. I run forward and engulf her in a hug, picking her up off the ground.

Her legs wrap around my waist and I hold her. "I can't believe you're here! My god!" I exclaim. She giggles and kisses my cheek. "I have an even better surprise too." She says. I put her down and raise an eyebrow at her.

"She's staying with us for a month." Dad grins at me. "Fuck yeah!" I yell. "Language!" Mum hollers. Everyone laughs a bit and I pick (Y/n) up again. "I'm so damn happy you're here." I whisper to her.

She grins at me and puts her hands on both sides of my face. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I nervously chuckle. She shakes her head and before I can comprehend what's happening she kisses me.

"What can I say," She giggles as she pulls away. "I've waited 10 months, 1 week, 3 days, 7 hours, 30 minutes, and 18 seconds to do that." "You know, I've always loved that you counted the days until we met." I smile.