𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑁𝐸𝑊 𝑆𝑇𝑈𝐷𝐸𝑁𝑇𝑆

─────⊰ ✦.*🥀*.✦ ⊱─────

   𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 Creek High are packed with students as the new school year has unfortunately begun again. The spirits are still high and positive since the first exams are still far away and the stressful nights of doing homework have not yet started.

While two jocks are playing catch, I check my schedule where I see that chemistry is coming up next. I exchanged my English and biology textbooks for chemistry and shut my locker again.

Out of the blue, a girl with long, wavy, brown hair and sparkling, brown eyes is standing next to me, eagerly reaching her hand out. 'Hi, I'm Bree! I'm new. I like your hair and other girly things!' she beams, startling me slightly by the sudden introduction.

'Bree! What in the world are you doing? You do not talk to people like that.' I glance past Bree to see a short boy with dark, richly glowing brown skin, who I believe is called Leo, but I'm honestly unsure. 'Sorry about that Addilynn.' He's trying to come over smoothly, but it is definitely backfiring.

'It's okay.' I shake Bree's hand with a smile. 'My name is Addilynn. Nice to meet you.'

Bree squeals loudly next to me, jumping up and down on the spot. 'I have a bestie!'

I cover my ears, hearing a high-pitched ringing echoing through them. 'I guess you do?' I agree a tad reluctantly, making her squeal louder.

A loud noise comes from behind me and when I turn around, I see a tall, dark brown-haired guy with a locker door in his hand and my eyes grow wide. How did he do that? I know that nothing in this school is particularly high-quality, but it's not that crappy.

'Adam, give her locker door back!' Leo shouts, with a hint of annoyance in his voice. Adam simply shrugs and returns the door, before walking over to Leo.

Bree takes my arm with a big smile on her face. 'Adam, meet my bestie Addilynn!'

These two are strange people. It's like they have never been outside before, like meeting people is new to them.

A somewhat smaller guy walks into our direction, while longingly looking around. 'Guys, we need to stop drawing so much attention. We were supposed t—' he rambles, but stops when his eyes fall upon me.

'Chase, this is my bestie Addilynn!' Bree screeches in my ear, making me turn my head away from her and rubbing my ear.

'Hey,' the boy named Chase says. 'Nice to meet y—'

The bell goes, but Chase has the weirdest reaction I have ever seen. He collapses onto the ground, air-running in circles while screaming at the top of his lungs. When it stops, he sits back up, leaning against Adam's legs. 'What was that?!' he yelps

'The bell is my cue to leave. I'll see you guys later,' I say with a shrugging smile and walk away to my chemistry class.

─────⊰ ✦.*🥀*.✦ ⊱─────

   𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘'𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐘 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒 𝐈𝐒 one of the most interesting ones we've had in a while. Even though the teacher seemed excited to teach this subject, his board was completely scribbled full with notes.

Right in the middle of the explanation, Leo storms into the classroom together with Adam, Bree and Chase. 'W—we know we were a b—bit late, b—but I was sho—showing these three around. T—they are new,' Leo puffs, completely out of breath.

'Just sit down,' our chemistry teacher says and waves them off. While Leo, Bree and Adam are quick to sit in the back, Chase sits next to me in the front instead.