8

'The Snuggly Duckly'

Harry read the sign as Draco led him up the trail to the building. The name was very welcoming but Draco's smile unsettled him.

"Well Raven here we are!" Draco exclaimed as he opened the door.

Harry's eyes widened as he saw the room full of people covered in scars, swords at their hips, dressed in armour some even had limbs missing.

Harry moved to back out but Draco pushed him in. Harry stumbled into one of the men who growled and glared down at him. Harry gulped and muttered his apologies.

"Flynn" Harry turned to Draco "I don't like this place."

"Ah Harry this is the embodiment of the outside world" Draco said "but if you can't handle that I suggest we let go of this, I'll get back my satchel and we'll never have to cross path again."

As Draco tried to leave the building the door slammed shut. He looked up to see a man looming over him. He looked around Draco's age. He held up a wanted poster.

"Is this you?"

Draco stared at the nose they gave him "now that's just insulting."

"That's him" The man grinned "You're going to make me a lot of money."

"Now hold on Blaise" A woman with short black hair smiled from behind the counter "who says you get the cash."

"We can discuss details later Pansy" The man Blaise said he snapped his fingers at a man "Thomas go find some guards" he turned to Draco "as for you."

Draco tried to back away but stumbled into a man. Blaise grabbed his shirt by the neck and hoisted him against the wall. Draco's shirt got caught on a peg and he was left hanging on the wall.

"Flynn" Harry pushed his way over to him "are you alright?"

"Does it look like I'm alright Raven" Draco deadpanned.

"It's okay I'll get you down" Harry tried but Blaise stepped in between him and Draco.

"And who are you?" He asked "one of his little thief friends."

"I need him" Harry replied.

"Flynn" Pansy grinned "you got yourself a boyfriend have you?"

"What?" Harry said "no. I need him so he can take me to see the lights."

"Lights?" Pansy moved out from behind the counter.

"Lanterns" Draco corrected.

"Ah" Pansy said "look you seem nice and all but we need this money."

"What is wrong with you?!" Harry exclaimed.

Draco was taken back and Blaise snarled "excuse me?"

"This is another human being you're hurting" Harry stepped forward confidently "one look at you all and I can tell you haven't had the cleanest history. What gives you the right to punish someone for thing that you've also done?"

"Look cupcake" Blaise said.

Harry shoved his frying pan against his neck "don't you dare call me that. I've been dreaming of seeing these lights for eighteen long years of my life and I'm not about to let a bunch of lowlifes take that away from me!"

Pansy grabbed Harry's wrist and fear surged through him. That was until her face broke into a smile "I like you."

"What?" Harry said.

"We all have dreams sweetheart" Pansy said, hands on her hips "I like that you have the guts to chase them."

Harry frowned "... thank you?"