Night at the resort

Chapter -64

Night at the resort

“Why did you come out, half naked and half bathed?” I asked John      while he came out with soap foam on his face.

“Shower stopped suddenly” John said walking towards the bed to sit.

“Don’t even think of sitting on the bed like this.” I said raising my leg to hit his ass if he dares to sit on the Bed wet.

If it was usual room I would have allowed him to sit, but the rooms in the resort are carved to perfection in whatever manner. The floors are ultra tidy with no sign of dust, a double cot bed with majestic wooden carved body which can accommodate 4 members easily. Beach view from the glass window and the fresh breeze will turn even a beast mind to sit and sleep for a while.

Though we are horrified by the news of haunted resort we dared to stay at the same place as the receptionist did not accept to pay back the money.

103 and 104 are the rooms allotted for us to stay for the next few days. John and I took room no.103 where as Din and Raghu took the other room.

“So what do you want me to do? Stand here like statue of liberty until the shower works.” John said a bit impatiently. 

“I am coming hold on.” I said jumping from the spongy bed to check why the shower was not working.

I entered the bathroom and turned on all the pipes to check whether even one pipe was working.

“Aj…………..” John shouted in a creaky voice and suddenly water flowed from all the pipes and shower made me wet and I was in utter chaos.

“Aj... Aj! I saw a girl walking towards the resort, she wore a white dress.” John shouted pointing towards the glass window.

I immediately tried to get the glance through the window but I couldn’t find anyone.

“It might be some girl or member of the resort, shut up and now get ready, we are already late.” Saying I pushed him inside the bathroom.

 “No bro, she wore a white dress and that is usually a dress code for all the devils and ghosts. I have seen in many movies.” John said peeping through the window while I was still pushing him inside the bathroom.

“John! Please, shut your mouth and go inside.” I said and pushed him inside.

I moved towards the glass window and was looking at the fighting waves to reach the sea shore. It’s amazing that though so many waves fight only few reach the sea shore. While I was overwhelmed in praising the beauty of beach in heart a crow came falling and hit the glass window. Though the window did not break but my heart was broken and it was in my mouth for a while. I thought to shout for John but don’t want scare the poor soul. I went quietly to the bed and sat on it controlling all my ragging fear.

“Whom did John see? Is there anything wrong in the resort? Why did a crow die hitting the window? Does the girl who died here is haunting us? Does she want to kill us?” while I was thinking all this there was a heavy knock on the door, which was not even a knock but more like someone banging the door with one hand.

“Who is that?” John shouted as he was just coming out of the bathroom.

I dint dare to get down of the bed as I was already freaking out because of the untoward incidents.

“Who is that?” saying John moved towards the door while I was peeping slowly to see who was on the door and found no one.

“Where did they go after banging door?” John said heatedly and closed the door.

“Why are you soo quiet, go get ready……..” while John was about to complete the there was a Bang on the door again.

“Who is that?” John shouted and my eyes are wide opened now with panic reaching the peaks.

“Hahahaha….!!” ( A girls laugh)

“Who is thattttt?” John said and opened the door again but found no one.

Now he completely understood why I was sitting silently on the bed. He banged and locked the door at once and came and sat beside me. I said him what happened with the crow and he was almost drenched in fear.

“Bang!!”

“Bang bang!!”

“Bang Bang Bang!!”

Door was knocked repeatedly accompanied by the sweet girly laugh.

While I was chanting the Gayathri matra, John was saying all his prayers holding the cross.

And all of a sudden all the sounds stopped.

I and john decided to run into Din’s room which was just beside us and started to walk towards the door.

I opened the door silently. The resort is built in such a way that no light can enter its corridors without the tube lights.

John took all the courage while I followed him to walk in the dark as there was no light in the corridor.

If fear has a face then it would be definitely mine and John at that instance when we saw a girl standing in white near Din’s room. Our mouths are blunt with now words but jaws started hitting each other. Intense chill broke all the nerves in the body and head was striking repeatedly a 1000 times.  

Without waiting for a second we quickly ran shouting above our voice and got inside the bathroom.

All the prayers reached to the maximum, dark hair and white dress image was not leaving our eyes. While john was standing on the water closet, I was holding the door so that no one can open it.

                                        ……..to be continued