Chapter 6

Blake's POV

I start to wake up as I have a splitting headache. I can only see through one eye and my elbow that Michael broke hurts like heck. I look around to see that I am in a room, what I assume a hospital room. I try to move my broken arm but something feels off. I look and see that I have no cast but my arm is instead in a sling. I was amazed but as I tried to move it, pain shot through it. I left my arm where it was and I felt something laying on my left arm. I looked and saw Sarah softly sleeping on my left arm. I smile, seeing how cute she really is. I move my arm slowly, trying to not wake her up but fail as she starts to stir. Her eyes blink a couple of times, being yawning. She looks up and our eyes meet. I feel my face heat up as she blushes.I smile sheepishly.

Blake: Sorry for waking you up.

Sarah: Its okay. How are you feeling?

Blake: Sore, and in pain. How long have I been out?

Sarah: Well, since Michael beat you up so, half a day.

Blake: What time is it now?

Sarah: ten in the morning.

I lay my head back down realizing that we missed school, especially my second day.

Blake: Well, I hope our teachers don't get mad.

Sarah: I think they will understand.

We then heard someone walk in. I turned and saw a monkey anthro. He wore a doctor's outfit. he walks to the side of my bed.

Doctor: How are you feeling?

Blake: Besides being sore and in pain, that's pretty much it.

Doctor: I see. Now, we will give you some pain meds to help with that. I have your release papers, and you are all set to return home. Now, you also sustained some head trauma so I recommend that you have someone be with you for the first week of you being home.

i nod and he hands me my release papers and leaves the room. I lay there, resting. I hear Sarah get up. I Sit up slowly, and I see that Sarah brought over a wheelchair.

Blake: What's that for?

Sarah: To wheel you out of the hospital.

Blake: Good point.

She wheels it over to me and I sit on the edge of the bed. I try to start and I lose my balance instantly. I fall forward but Sarah catches me. She sits me down in the wheelchair. SHe then wheels me out of the hospital and starts wheeling me down the street.

Blake: I know this may be a stupid question, but don't you have a car to get us back?

Sarah: Well, I don't have one currently. We aren't too far from home though.

Blake: Ohh, that's convenient.

We go down the street and luckily no ones out right now. I look at the arm that Michael broke, still wondering why they didn't put it in a cast. I think for a bit but a thought came to my mind. Maybe it has to do with what happened right before I wa sin the cryotube. I then hear Sarah break the silence.

Sarah: So the doctor told me what was going on in your arm.

Blake: What brought this up?

Sarah: I noticed you were looking at your supposed to be broken arm and I thought I would let you know.

Blake: What did the doctor say?

Sarah: Well he said that your body is wrapping it in some strange tissue and rapidly healing itself. They aren't sure why but that's pretty much it.