Chapter 10

Sarah's POV

I had been running for a couple of hours and it was becoming nighttime.

Flashback to the store

I got to the store and was picking up a few things. It was the weekend so I saw some people from school walking around also. I had spent maybe an hour or so, not only going through this store but some others I wanted to go to, when I saw Michael and his gang. I did my best to not have them see me, but one of his goons noticed me. I went through a back way to not confront him. After going through some alley ways, and cutting across some streets, I stopped and rested, looking around thinking I had lost them. That was until someone grabbed me and pulled me into a nearby alleyway. They threw me down on the ground and when I looked I saw Michael with an evil smirk.

Michael: Your a hard one to catch. I thought since I had some fun at lunchtime, why not have some more fun here.

He started to walk towards me and I backed up. I then jumped up and ran down the alley. Michael started chasing me but I couldn't get him off. He was gaining speed, so I made as many obstacles as possible, pulling trash cans behind me and make as many turns as I could. Eventually, I made a turn when he tackled me to the ground. He flipped me over and when I tried to get up, he held me down.

Michael: What's wrong? I thought you would like to have some fun with Blake not around to protect you.

I continued to struggle he got annoyed and his grip loosened.  I then clawed his face and cried out in pain, as I got up and continued running.

Flashback end
I had been running around trying to get home since but I got lost. I couldn't call Blake because he didn't have a phone, and I didn't where to go, plus my phone died so couldn't call anyone. As I ran down an alley that looked like it lead to somewhere. As I ran down, two anthros blocked my path. I stopped and tried to run back the way I came but Michael and another one of his goons blacked my path, trapping me. Michael giggled evilly as he walked towards me. I backed up away from him waiting for an opportunity to get away. On his left side was the mark I gave him going from under his eye down his cheek.

Michael: Like the scar? Thought I would return the favor.

He then pulled out a knife until I heard a ruckus behind me. I turned slightly to see Blake had pushed through and was now standing behind me, ready to fight. I heard Michael growl not being very happy.
I smiled and was relieved knowing that Blake was here, protecting me.

Blake's POV
I had been running around town trying to find Sarah. Thoughts of Mr. X already finding her ran through my mind until, I saw two anthros blocking an alley way. I recognized them as Michaels goons and saw Sarah trapped in the alleyway with Michael. Even though it was better than Mr. X, I ran towards them, charging past the two blocking the alley way, till I was next to Sarah. I heard Michael growl as I turn to him.

Michael: So, looks like you didn't learn your lesson.

He said growling till he realized that the arm he broke was not broken anymore. He had a confused expression but became angry again.

Michael: You may not have a broken arm but this time I will make sure you don't leave here.

He was about to lunge till, one of his goons was thrown right past us, hitting the other goon next to Michael as the other ran past us in fear. Michael backed up and ran also as, as the other two followed. I turned and saw a man, right feet tall, wearing a trench coat, and gloves, and a fedora. The only one it could be is Mr. X. I take Sarah's hand.

Blake: Run.

We then book it down the alleyway, as Mr. X followed. He didn't run but due to how big he was, he didn't stay too far behind. We put obstacles in his way, but they did nothing, he simply batted them out of the way. Eventually we saw a back door and ran through, leading into a store and ran out front. We ran down the street till we saw an abandoned factory. We ran inside, running up some stairs and found a large empty room with a lot of debris. We hid behind some and rested. We breathed heavily as we rested and regained our strength.

Sarah: What is that...thing?

Blake: Something.. T-cell created. We can't stay here it's to dangerous.

I got up when I felt a strong blow to my chest. I was thrown into some debris and rolled across the floor. My entire chest was in pain and I got up and saw Me. X walking towards me. I looked around for something and found a pipe. I picked it up and I swung at him. He simply grabbed it, and grabbed me by the next, lifting me up. I tried to break free but I couldn't. He was choking me till I saw Sarah, come up from behind with a piece of metal and hit him in the back of the head. He didn't flinch and when she swung again, he grabbed it also, and tore it from her then threw it away. He then swung at herewith his free hand, hitting her and sending her a couple feet on the floor.

Sarah's POV
The creature sent me flying as I tumble on the floor. I got up, in pain as I saw the creature throw Blake throw a column in the room. Blake tried getting up but fell, mostly due to pain. I then saw the creature pick up a large debris, that weighed about five hundred pounds, and walked over to Blake. I got up and started to head towards them when the creature smashed the debris where Blake was.

Sarah: BLAKE!!!

I screamed as I saw the creature then look to me and coming towards me. I backed away till it kicked me backwards. I became flattened as I hit a cement column and i heard a loud smack. I fell down to the base of it as my vision was hazy and it was hard to focus. Pain filled my body and I sat there, dazed. As I saw the creature comes towards to finish the job, he stopped and looked behind him. I looked as well and I saw a monstrous creature.

 I looked as well and I saw a monstrous creature

It let out a guttural roar.

Creature: X!

The creature in front of me turned around and walked towards the other. The other charged it and as the one with the fedora went to strike. The one charging grabbed it by the head and slammed it into the ground with so much force that a loud sound, that sounded like a watermelon exploding, was heard. It let go and it's head was crushed. I started to get lightheaded and began to lose consciousness, The last thing I saw before passing out was the creature coming towards me and I blacked out.