Chapter 2

-Present Day-

"Meow." Mr. Whiskas rubbed up against my leg.

"Hey Mr.Whiskas, are you sad too? Yeah? Well come on then." I said, coaxing him into following me down the hallway and into the living room.
The phone was ringing and I told myself it was a bad idea that answer it, so I let the answering machine take care of it.
"Kat? Are you there? Matthew wouldn't want you to just -" I hit the mute button.

I didn't want to hear Dk's rant on my "depression" - I was not depressed, just a little sad. When Matthew was about to get on that plane I was expecting a "I will always love you - wait for me, please." not "Bye, it's over."

I knew he was worried he'd never come back. He need a lot of money, so he asked for the highest paying job he was qualified for. Carringtons get what they want, this job was pretty much a suicide mission - but it payed.

"Money is the root of all evil," Dk and Matthew's mother, Patricia, always said. That was well spoken coming from a lawyers wife.

__________

December 2, 2012.

Dear diary,

It's been two whole weeks

Since Matthew left. Dk is all over me about never leaving the house. She still doesn't know I lost my job. All I do all day is eat, cuddle with Mr.Whiskas,and watch movies on channel 5.

Bye for now,

Kat.

_____________

"Maybe her sugar got really low." Dk told Dr. Johnson.

She saw me flutter my eyes and she hit me.

"Ma'am, please don't hit the patients," Dr. Johnson said.

"Ma'am, I will hit the patients if I please." Dk mocked the doctor before turning back to me.

"Don't you ever that again! Do you hear me? You could have died!" she screamed.

I had to go live with Dk until Matthew came home to take care of me, six more months till that happened.

"We have to go to England," Dk said. I asked why and she replied, "For a much needed vacation."

I grimaced, "Yay!" I said as enthusiastic as possible. I was really sad still, how would I get my letter from Matthew?

"We leave in two days. So, we'll stay at your house tomorrow so you can pack."

I started to freak out, the cat! Mr. Whiskas was Matthews cat - if he wasn't taken care of, Matthew would be upset with me.

Dk rolled her piercing blue eyes at me, she knew what I was thinking. I was absolutely jealous. My brown eyes were nothing compared to her striking ones.

Dk was stunning. She was slim, and tall, kind of pale, but it totally worked for her. Her hair was auburn red, with subtle blonde highlights. She had an angular face with a very large smile. Her teeth were straight and pearly white. She had a small nose, and like I said, striking blue eyes.

"Kat, Kat. Kathleen," Dk waved her hand in front of my face.
"I don't have any clothes for for another country." I said the words Dk was waiting for.

"Yay! I totally agree! Your clothes are barely fit for this country!" she clapped.