Chapter 9- Why would you jump?

(A/N well... I really look forward to finishing this chapter/book since I've kinda grown tired of writing it. BUT!! I will finish it, I've also kinda grown tired of writing this much angst which is why I look forward to finishing this chapter since I'm planning to write some fluff maybe next chapter? Idk but soon. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter bro!)

Bakugou POV.

I follow Deku to... a building? Why does the feeling get stronger the higher I climb and the longer I take? I'm almost at the top of the ladder that leads to the roof of the building. If he's gonna do what I'm afraid he's gonna do then I need to hurry. My phone dings, indicating I've gotten a message. My phone then dings again making me extremely curious. I quickly climb the rest of the way up the latter and quickly check my phone. "One message from Deku- Class 1-A" "One message from- Izuchan".

Open group chat:

"Class 1-A"

Deku:

|Goodnight, and goodbye!|

Open private message:

"Izuchan"

Izuchan:

|I'm going to take the suggestion you gave me in middle school, Kacchan. I know you don't care I just wanted to say it to you. Hope you and Kirishima get together, I'm rooting for you guys!! Goodbye, Kacchan.|

I stare at my phone for a good second, confusion overtaking me. Suggestion? What did I say? Goodbye?

"Take a swan dive off the roof of the building."

I feel my blood run cold and my face drain from colour. I look up to see Izuku taking off his shoes and placing them on the concrete roof along with his phone. No. This isn't happening. This CAN'T be happening! I feel the tears welling up in my eyes. Why? Why Deku? I take a shaky step forward trying to call out to him, trying to scream at him not to do it. To not jump. This isn't a nightmare. I'm not gonna wake up, so why can't I speak? Why can't I run to him, wrap my arms around him and make it all better? Why am I so scared?!

I see him folding up his sleeves and look down upon the many scars and wounds buried deep within his wrists. I watch him while slowly moving closer. He sighs before turning around, eyes closed. He put his arms out in a t-pose and stud at the edge. A small sad smile overtaking his face for a split second before he takes a step backwards.

Run. I start running towards the edge, my body moving before I can think or react. I didn't even think of the fact I can use my explosions to get there faster, I just ran. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. FUCK. WHAT AM I DOING?! Quicker, quicker I HAVE TO GO QUICKER!!

I watch him fall over the edge. It can't end like this! I leap over the edge and create small explosions to get me to him faster. The tears just keep falling and my vision is blurred. I see him open his eyes when he hears the explosions go of, he looks at me with a sorrow and... regret? He looks slightly panicked and confused as to why I would jump after him. I create the last blast to get me to him, and quickly place him on my back and wrap his arms around me so that he doesn't fall of. When we're about to hit the ground I create explosions to cushion the fall.

I hit the ground with a thud and get Deku off of my back. I embrace him as tightly as I can in a hug. I hug like I'm never letting go, crying into his shoulder and him crying into mine. He started rubbing circles on my back while whispering sweet reassuring words. Why the fuck is he comforting me?! I should be the one that comforts HIM. Not the other way around.

"No... NO!! It isn't supposed to be like this! I'm supposed to comfort YOU!! You just tried to commit suicide!!" I yell as I start crying harder, I pull away from him grabbing his shoulders harshly in the process. "Why..? Why would you jump?" I ask in a quiet voice. He just stayed silent, and looked down like he was ashamed. "I didn't think you would care..." He state in a hushed voice, tears still streaming down his face. "Not care...? NOT CARE?! Deku you're like an annoying little brother to me, like the brother that I never had!! Someone who looked up to me, someone who always believed me when I was blamed. HOW COULD I NOT CARE?!!" I yelled, the tears streaming down even harder than before. "Yeah I think you're annoying, heck I can't even stand you sometimes!! But I would never want you to be out of my life!! You made me the person that I am today. I would've been even worse if you'd never been there and I definitely wouldn't be okay right now." I state, waiting for him to give me a reply.